*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734437-This-ones-about-craziness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#734437 added September 18, 2011 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about craziness.
THE PROMPT: "Today's prompt is about craziness. Write whatever you want about it! Crazy memories, crazy videos, crazy people you've met, crazy ideas - anything at all! Just go wild!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEE5Ph4p3A

As unoriginal as it is, I couldn't resist. *Smirk*

Craziness? Yeah, I know a little bit about it. Everything's crazy. Your house is crazy in the morning. There was a crazy ending to the game last night. The neighbor's crazy. The cat's acting crazy. Gas prices are crazy. Snow in the month of May is crazy. Andy Samberg, in The Lonely Island's song "Lazy Sunday", says "Mr. Pibb and Red Vines equals crazy delicious!" (YouTube that one on your own, folks...it's crazy to think I'm gonna do all the work for ya. *Laugh* Better yet, Google it...you'll get better quality videos.)

So you get it. Craziness is all over the place like oxygen. But I don't think people are very quick to acknowledge its presence until it's too late. Who goes to work and says "I hope it's crazy in there today!"? No, it's usually the foreshadowing sentiment that "Ugh, it's gonna be crazy in there" when usually it isn't quite as bad...and that's how "crazy" gets a bad rep in this society.

Ergo, what does craziness mean when referring to fun? "That party last night was craaaaaaazy!" is a statement that, I believe by law, cannot stand on its own merit. It has to be backed up by at least some sort of factual evidence, much like saying "Oh, you don't wanna know" is a lame and punishable way of trying to hide something that we actually do wanna know.

And let's not forget how subjective "crazy" is...one person's crazy is another person's walk in the park. Whatever you and I would consider "crazy", trust me, has probably been already attempted by someone who didn't get the memo regarding its absurdity. May Uncle Angelo RIP for driving that motorcycle with one hand while sitting on it backwards and pantsless.

But seriously, craziness comes in all shapes, colors and trends. One size fits all, and it doesn't discriminate. You and/or a family member may share in its glory. And it affects all of us, from all walks of life, many times on a daily basis. Don't tell me that His Holiness The Dalai Lama has never in his storied life uttered the phrase "That's crazy!" when the McDonalds drive-thru attendant tells him they've run out of hamburgers.

In summary, do you want to know where I think all of the craziness exists? Look in the mirror. And embrace it. Cuz it's a crazy world out there.

MUSICAL BREAK:

You've already had your ticket punched, whether you know it or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJVr0vJK2rs&ob=av2n

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* Spent the day at my boy Adam's house with his crazy-awesome folks and DMFM, watching one of the craziest Bills games I've seen in some time...a last-minute, come from behind, 38-35 victory that saw a total of five lead changes in the second half. This is for the out-of-towners that couldn't rejoice in victory with us:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=310918002

Sing with us! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHbnQXsyDrE

*Bullet* That being said, going back to work tomorrow will be a little less painful.

*Bullet* Does anyone even participate in this "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS anymore? Trolled around a little last night... *Worry*

*Bullet* Sundays are always good when you do nothing but watch football with good people and your team wins.

That's it for tonight y'all...gonna send out my prompt for tomorrow's entry so you can all get back at me for how I've disected, misdirected and totally went AWOL on your prompts. Peace, love, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734437-This-ones-about-craziness