*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734671-What-scares-me-the-most-Fear-itself
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#734671 added September 21, 2011 at 10:18pm
Restrictions: None
What scares me the most? Fear itself!
30-Day Blogging Challenge September 1 to September 30, 2011 ~ Day 21 Prompt: We’re all afraid of something. Write a formal complaint to whatever scares you the most.


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”
Franklin D. Roosevelt


What scares me the most? At one time it was spiders, I had a bad case of arachnophobia. Spiders still send chills up my spine, but I do not run screaming from the room and I have been known to kill them; therefore, I can no longer say I have a bad case of arachnophobia.

At one time, I was afraid of success and failure, in fact I think I was afraid of them at the same time. I do not think I am afraid of them any longer; however, I do have issues with sabotaging myself; all though I think the phrase is “Shooting oneself in the foot.” I am working on this issue and expect to have it resolved before I turn one-hundred years old.

I am not afraid of the dark. I get nervous about what may be prowling in the dark, but I think that is the results of living in the city and hearing small arms fire echoing at odd hours of the night. What is weird is that sometimes I hear sirens after the shots and sometimes silence. The silence bothers me more then the sirens or the gunshots.

What frightens me? I think fear itself. Fear can make a person do some stupid things. Fear can make a person panic. Fear can make one overlook the obvious escape hatch. Fear can make one open a door before feeling it to see how hot it is.

Fear can make you judge another person simply by the way that person dresses, the political party or religion that person espouses. Fear can separate you from the rest of humanity. Fear can drive a wedge between friends and family. Fear can make a person procrastinate.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734671-What-scares-me-the-most-Fear-itself