*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735016-Chapter-1-The-Move
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #1813403
What happens to the new kid at a large school.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#735016 added March 28, 2012 at 10:09pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1-The Move
"This is ridiculous!" screamed Jason's father, that nasty vein bulging out of his neck like every time he yelled at Jason. "This is the eighth time you've gotten kicked out of school this year and it's barely over the holidays. All of them for fighting and every time a different kid has to explain to his parents what happened to him!"


"Actually, Johnny, I had to speak to the kid's parents this time, they were just as god damn retarded too," Jason responed in a cocky tone, which John answered with a back hand to the face. He could already taste the blood from the blow and his cheek was stinging so bad he could barely feel it at all. Jason looked at his father in the face, his left eye tearing up from where it was hit and the vision blurred from that side.


"C'mon now, Johnny, what ever happened to not being like your uncle?"


"You better watch your tongue, boy. Now because of you, we're forced to move from this town. If your mother weren't at work right now-"


"You wouldn't have dared hit me?" Jason cut in. "I know, but don't worry, I won't nark on you, I don't do that."


"Just you wait til she gets home, now go out and do your chores. It's about time to feed and milk," John walked out of the kitchen where they were having their talk (or where Johnny was letting out his anger on the world) and started to head to the living room so he could watch his fishing shows.


Jason turned around to walk out to barn, not worrying too much about the fight, it happened between him nad his dad all the time. The yelling was a usually thing in the house with Jason coming on seventeen soon and being more tempmental than usual and John growing older and more painful as the days went by. The hitting, on the other hand, wasn't very common mostly because John swore that he would never be like his uncle, who raised him as child and beat him on countless accounts. Jason walked into the barn and could smell the cows and shit already, it was comforting to him. How could he leave all this to go somewhere else, maybe they'll have another small dairy farm.


There was already a barrell of feed sitting next to the door for him to start, so he grabbed it and wheeled into the main part of the barn, where cows were already at, his father must have done some of the things earlier. He started walking down the aisle with scoop in hand, stopping the barrell partially behind him to put a scoop of feed in front of every cow's pin. When he looked back he saw one of the cows eating out of the barrell that he set down.


"God damn heifer," Jason said and punched along side the head, his fingers cracking a little bit on the rock hard skull. The cow jumped back and tried getting out of the pin quickly until it realized it was tied down, then just sat there and looked at him with a glare.


Jason continued down the aisle of cows and just got down with his feedings when his phone started blaring out at him "Oxy Cotton" causing him to reach into his pocket and take out is old Droid phone. Hey looked down at it and saw that it was Erik, one of his good friends since the second grade.


"Yea, buddy," he said as he answered the phone.


"Hey, man you wanna come get high and play some Call of Duty? Bet we'd kick some major ass with some good nugs in our system, bro," said Erik's voice from the other end.


"I would love to man, but I think I'm in some real shit with the old man right now and I gotta wait til Ma gets home to see what kinda ass kickin' she's gonna give me."


"Is it for kicking the shit outta the kid who decided to bag and your bro?" said Erik's voice kind of drawn out.


"Yes it is and the lil bitch is lucky and didn't send him to the god damn morgue. Well, I suppose, I should get back to my chores. Bout to pull some tits and the takes a good while so my Ma should be back by then, but I'll see how things go, I might tell em what the kid said and maybe they'll let me off light."


"Alright then, I'll talk to ya later man."


"Yep, see ya bro," Jason said and he hit the end button on the phone and slid it back into his pocket. Taking the stop to talk to his friend made him realize how damn cold it really was in the barn, he didn't notice before with feeding but now, even in his jeans boots and sweatshirt he was still getting cold.


"Well, I guess I should start the milking, it'll warm me up a bit."


He walked his way back down the barn to where the machine was for pumping the milk. Jason grabbed out the hoses and brought the five out and set them next to the first five cows, grabbing a towel out from a bucket he brought with him so he could clean off the utters. He grabbed the hoses down and hooked them to the utters, walked over and turned on the machine. He did this with every cow until the milking was done, then he put everything away and started to walk back down to the house. His phone started to go off again and he saw that it was Devin calling him this time, a kid that was almost like a brother to him.


"What up bro?" Jason answered.


"Hey, man, you wanna come over and spar for a bit, bet I can kick your ass this time," came Devin's voice from the other end. "I just got done watching Never Back Down and I'm pumped to kick some ass."


"Nah, I can't man. I need to talk to Ma bout what happened at school today, I may be in some deep shit."


"How could you be in deep shit?" Devin asked angrily. "I woulda killed the bitch for dissing on my dead brother."


"Well," Jason started slowly, his long, black hair catching him in the eyes, "I didn't tell my dad that part of the story yet.."


"Well, why the fuck not? You dumb ass, instead of wasting kiss ass time to your parents you could be here getting used as a god damn punching bag!"


"I had to do chores anyway, and Erik already called to play some Call of Duty and get high."


"Well, that's not easy to pass up. But I suppose I should let you go so you can get things clear with the parents. Good luck wit it bro."


"Yea, will do. Talk to ya later man."


"Yep, I'll talk to ya later, okay, bye," and Devin hung up.


He walked into the breeze what and starting taking his boots off, as to not track in any cow manure and taking is sweatshirt off because walking into the heated house had him begin sweating right away, giving him a little bit of a headache. Jason walked into his house and could hear his parents arguing in the kitchen in hushed voices, as soon as they heard the door shut, they stopped talking. He heard footsteps coming around the corner and their was his mother, still dressed up from work and had an angry look on her face.


"We're moving to California," she said. "Tonight!"


© Copyright 2012 Kyle Peterson (UN: kybaby40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kyle Peterson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735016-Chapter-1-The-Move