*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736554-Never-thought-my-name-was-odd
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#736554 added October 10, 2011 at 10:41pm
Restrictions: None
Never thought my name was odd?
For the past couple of days, my main topic of conversation with my familia has been about names.
This started when I entered a contest for my review group WDC Power Reviewers Group. The contest was to write about why I chose my handle.
I usually read my stories or poems to my kids after I write them. They always tell me they're great and they can't wait for me to write another one. My daughter loves to hear the reviews I receive and she is often over my shoulder reading the reviews I write.

This new story of mine was a hit with my son, my daughter wasn't too happy. When I asked her why she didn't like my story,

she said, "Its not the story I don't like mom. It's your name."

Well I was shocked. I asked her, "Why? What's wrong with my name? I love it."

She responded, "Your name is odd because it starts with an L. My name is better because it starts with an N!"

I was cracking up. What would possess her to say a thing like that?

I said, "Oh yeah, well the letter L comes before the letter N so ha!"

She immediately began reciting the alphabet aloud, and I doubled over with laughter.

Since then, we have been thinking of funny and odd names for each other. Today I was Alana Banana.

If your interested in why I chose my handle, check out the link below.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1816986 by Not Available.


 



© Copyright 2011 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736554-Never-thought-my-name-was-odd