*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736946-Adverbs-and-excersize
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#736946 added October 14, 2011 at 9:47pm
Restrictions: None
Adverbs and excersize.
In my latest assignment for the Grammar Garden, I had to remove all the adverbs from a story we were given permission to use. I see why adverbs aren't necessary. Now I am scared to go back to my own stories and edit. I know this is silly, but I have a tendency to come down hard on myself and I know my stuff is full of them. Another thing that boggles me, is the book I am currently reading.
It is a best seller and I absolutely love the story. The thing is, I notice all the adverbs in the story now. It's full of them.

I feel so silly reading a sentence and then re reading it without the adverb. I'm not sure what to think about this best selling author now. I was under the impression you had to have your story perfectly written and adverb free. Well not totally free, but you know what I mean.

Perhaps in the next lesson they will cover that. Maybe I'll ask Winnie. She's the expert. I'm the novice.

Onto another subject. Remember when I asked myself what I would do if a ghost appeared to me? (see previous entry)
I thought about it and realized I wouldn't say anything at all.
At first I would be in shock, then I would try to make physical contact. Imagine what kind of energy would be floating around. What would that feel like?
I have watched all these stories of people talking to ghost, but noone ever physically touched one. I don't know if that's possible, but I'd give it a try.

Dieting.

Thinking of starting a diet. Last year I lost fifty pounds and kept it off. I am slowly incorporating healthier habits into my lifestyle. It's not easy. I struggle with this more than excersizing.
I bought Just Dance 2 for my kids. This is so fun, I can play this for hours.
And I do. My kids fizzle out an hour and a half in, and leave me to dance alone.
I recommend this game to anyone who has a Wii. I don't know if they make it for Xbox or Playstation
This counts as excersize because the game keeps track of how much you sweat and even has a daily workout program to track your progress. I am so entertained, I do not notice that I am working out. Great for me and I get to have fun with the kids at the same time.

Thanks for stopping by.
Lana



© Copyright 2011 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736946-Adverbs-and-excersize