*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737298-a-love-to-remember-part-7
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1819562
a short naruto fanfic written after i watched one too many episodes...
#737298 added October 18, 2011 at 4:57pm
Restrictions: None
a love to remember (part 7)
(Mia POV)


“Where are you taking me? We can’t waste our time like this, we need to train!” I was rather agitated but also excited. Sasuke is acting so different; I’ve finally gotten my old friend back. There were only two days left to train before the tournament starts. Did we train hard enough?


His hands covered my eyes as he steered me across unknown terrain. My heart was beating rapidly because of his closeness; I could hear the sound pounding in my head.


“We’ve trained all morning. That’s enough for today. It’s time for us to heal and rest before the competition.” Even his voice has changed. It isn’t cold and monotonous anymore.


Being a Ninja, I hate not being able to see. Its one of the senses I rely on the most. Sure, I could still hear and sense his presence, but I had no idea as to how my surroundings looked. Right now, I was at a total disadvantage.


“Almost there…” he whispered, his warm breath tickling my neck, and I felt my heart misbehaving once more.


If only he knew of the effect he has on me


“Now you can look.” I had to squint as my eyes adjusted to the light. The sun was shining brightly overhead. Were we in Konoha? The sun never shines this brightly in the village. It didn’t feel familiar at all.


After a few seconds I could figure out why…


We were in a wide open field surrounded by the most exquisite flowers, a brightly coloured canvas painted by nature.


(Sasuke POV)


I hope she likes it…I’ve never done something like this before, it’s not as if I’m well-known for my romantic side. I watched a smile spread across her lovely lips as she took in the whole scene, including the blanket and the picnic basket. I asked Sakura to help me prepare a few treats for a “trip” I had planned for today. Even though I live on my own, I’m not the best cook. Usually I’m satisfied with just a piece of bread.


“So, what do you think?” the suspense was killing me…she was just too quiet.


“It’s….perfect.” Perfect. Just like her. In total silence, I took her petite hand in mine and led her to the blanket where we shared a delicious meal.


The silence didn’t last too long. As usual, Mia started babbling about anything. To be honest, I didn’t have a clue what she was talking about most of the time, but I enjoyed hearing her voice.


I love her.


Take my hand tonight…. we can run so far we could change the world; do anything we want. We could stop for hours just staring at the stars…. They shine down to show us…


Even when the sun forgets to shine I’ll be there to hold you through the night, we’ll be running so fast we could fly, tonight. And even when we’re miles and miles apart, you’re still holding all of my heart. I promise it will never be dark, I know we’re inseparable.


“Why did you do all this? Why did you go through so much trouble?”


It was getting dark…. The stars were shining. We were sitting so close… I didn’t know how to reply.


“I just thought we could use a bit of…fun.”


“It’s fun even when we train. I enjoy winning.” Her hair so delicately draped across her shoulders…


I will give it all, to show you I’m in love…


I don’t know what made me move…it is as if my body moved without any orders from my brain…but the next thing I knew we were sitting very close, and I took her hands in mine again, entwining our fingers.


We don’t have time left to regret….it will take more than common sense. So stop your wondering: take a stand. There’s more to life than just to live.


It was time to make a move. I have to know if there is any future for us…


I inched forward, instantly closing the remaining space between us. She seemed hesitant, but allowed me to brush my lips against hers. I heard a soft gasp, as if she was surprised, but then firmly pressed my lips against hers. It was….there aren’t words accurate enough to describe the feelings, the sensations I experienced.


I felt her lower lip tremble slightly beneath mine and felt my temperature rising.


As the seconds seemed to fly, both of us became braver….


Her arms soon snaked around my neck and she ran her fingers through my hair. I felt my hands automatically started roaming her body, pulling her closer to me.


I will never forget this night.


The movement of her soft, warm lips, her hot breath in my mouth…. For the first time in years, I felt loved.


If I’d die tonight, I go with no regrets. If it’s in her arms, I know that I was blessed and if her eyes are the last things I see, then I know the beauty heaven holds for me. But if I make it through, if I live to see the day, if I’m with her I’ll know just what to say. Truth be told, she takes my breath away. Because every moment we share together is even better than the moment before. And if every day was as good as today was then I can’t wait till tomorrow comes. I will never make the mistake of letting her go.


© Copyright 2011 Aralynne (UN: aralynne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aralynne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737298-a-love-to-remember-part-7