*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737630-And-It-begins-My-evil-tendencies-emerge
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#737630 added October 22, 2011 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
And It begins... My evil tendencies emerge.
Today is the first Halloween party of the year for my family. This  time we have been invited to a costume/birthday party for one my daughters friends. The little girls mother was adamant about everyone dressing up and went as far as sending reminders throughout the week, the last one sent yesterday evening. So with that constant reminder I guess I must.
Normally I'm all for fun stuff like dressing up and trick or treating and all the other activities that comes with Halloween, but something inside me wants to stir up some trouble. I have this urge to completely defy this woman's request.  I don't know why I want to do this. I like her, we talk everyday when we pick up and drop off our kids. She is a bit of a control freak and is obsessive compulsive about most things, but we have pleasant conversations.
I think maybe its all the rules that come with the party. Or maybe the way she demanded we dress accordingly.

I think my behavior stems from the brief conversations I overheard between the woman and the other invited guests. It went something like this: 

"I don't dress up. My kid will though."
"No you will too."
"OK, I guess I have to go shopping then."
"You have 24 hours to find something."
"Ha ha, yeah."

Then they would walk away with downcast eyes and drooping shoulders. When I told my husband about what I witnessed and that I wanted to go normal, he dug up our old costumes. Before I could protest he explained, breaking her dress code rules would be more fun.  I talked to a few of the other guests and they had the same idea. One of them is going as Lady Gaga. This should be fun.




© Copyright 2011 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737630-And-It-begins-My-evil-tendencies-emerge