*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738405-Wednesday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#738405 added November 2, 2011 at 8:34am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Because of my self-imposed scroll ban, I can't brag there about my new Merit Badge. So I'll brag here:

Merit Badge in Leadership
[Click For More Info]

For your hard work, commitment, talent and innovation in running the October NaNoWriMo Preparation each year, which helps many of us get our scattered thoughts together for November's novel-writing. And also because this badge has ducks on it.


It has duckies! *Heart*

Best Buy for Business is being stupid. I ordered two new laptops for our computer lab, which I received promptly via delivery service - like maybe two days later. Now a month and a half has gone by, and I still can't use them. Why? Because the key codes I need for the antivirus software, which are delivered instantaneously via email, have still not arrived. So I've decided to buy my own damn antivirus software and make them refund the software purchase.

I need to schedule someone to repair or replace a window in my house before we close sale (OMG YAY) on 11/30. It was on the home inspector's list - a little 24"x24" basement window has a cracked pane. So I get this postcard in the mail from Lowe's: $99 installation on windows!! And the windows run around $100 (I saw them on the website ranging from like $79 - $129.) So, I'm decent at math. I figure that's a total of around $200 to meet this requirement. ($100 window + $100 installation = $200.)

I get a quote from the guy at Lowe's (after mentioning that I had this ad) - $99 is just for the installation of the window. It doesn't include:
1. removing the old window, (I'm not kidding)
2. finishing/making pretty the house around the outside of the window, (still not kidding)
3. finishing/making pretty the house around the inside of the window, and  (God's honest truth)
4. obtaining a city permit to do the work. (to replace a window in kind?)

Grand total (including the most expensive window, of course - he didn't mention the $79 window): $450. *Exclaim**Question**Exclaim**Question**Exclaim**Question**Exclaim**Question*

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Even more stupid than expediting laptops and taking your sweet old time to email software codes to make the laptops usable. Needless to say, we won't be scheduling our window repair through Lowes.

Moving on. Today I need to:
1. NaNo (because I slept through my 5:30-6:30am designating NaNo'ing time),
2. Install my own antivirus software on two lab computers, and
3. Obtain quotes for window or glass pane replacement,

...in addition to reconciling business accounts.

So, do any of you struggle with overeating? And, if you do, do you ever eat everything in sight trying to satisfy some elusive craving that you can't identify?

Okay, so maybe it's just me.

But I discovered that I struggle with the same psychosis with productivity. For the last several weeks, I've been blah, not really wanting to do anything, feeling like I have a big long to-do list that I'm avoiding, doing a bunch of other random stuff to satisfy some need to complete something, and yet, feeling baffled when I re-read my to-do list and find it's actually very short.

I found my productivity craving yesterday. Turns out I haven't reconciled the business account since September 6th - a task I normally assign myself weekly. You know. So it won't get out of control.

Therefore, today, I will reconcile accounts until they're caught up, and then I expect to feel much better. And then I'll walk across the parking lot to Dunkin Donuts and get a blueberry cake donut. Or sausage pancake bites. Or maybe a plate of shrimp tempura from Mr. Sushi. Or cheesy garlic bread from Romeo's pizza on the other side of the parking lot. Or some tortilla chips from the teacher's lounge.


© Copyright 2011 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738405-Wednesday