*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738618-Friday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#738618 added November 4, 2011 at 11:26am
Restrictions: None
Friday
I spent the night in a hospital with Keith. Turns out that first EKG, the "abnormal" one that prompted the urgent care nurse to call an ambulance and send Keith to the hospital complete with a dose of nitro, was fine after all. The AI overreacted in its interpretation of the chart, which in turn made the nurse overreact. The cardiologists at the hospital read the faxed copy of the original EKG and suggested that a review of the actual - you know - data might have revealed that the computer misread a little noise.

But the results of four blood tests, half a dozen vitals checks and about a dozen additional EKGs were all swimmingly normal. Well, he does have elevated cholesterol and blood pressure, which he'll control with low dosages of medications, diet and exercise.

Look out, folks. I may be changing my diet and exercise habits in the very near future. And that is likely to make me very cranky.

I only wrote 755 words yesterday (just enough to clear the daily threshold at 750Words.com.) Luckily, I'd gotten a little ahead on Days 1 and 2. But I'd wanted to get a little more ahead on Day 3. So there will be some catching up this afternoon and weekend. After a really long nap.

Reach 275 students at MTMS   by 12/31/11.
*Writing* 228. Fifty more in less than two months might be a stretch. I need a promotion, I think.

Writing:
(1) *Thumbsdown* Blog at MT.com   by the end of the month: Pending.
(2) *Thumbsdown* 30 minutes of daily freestyle writing: Only 755 words yesterday (goal: 2,000), and none so far today.

Count points:
Um... no, but... gah.

© Copyright 2011 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738618-Friday