*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738787-Thank-You
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#738787 added November 6, 2011 at 7:20am
Restrictions: None
Thank You
Many thanks to all of you who have offered words of comfort both here and at Facebook. It means a great deal to know people all over the globe care so much. I could never express how much I appreciate the hands of friendship and comfort offered by so many.

The death of a loved one is always a huge knock, but it is the way of things and something we must continuously strive to accept. We have thought for a while Dad had given up and really didn't want to be here any longer. I am grateful he was in the care home and not in hospital when his time came and also that his passing was peaceful. Despite all the accidents and traumas he's suffered in the recent past, there aren't many who can claim to have survived 91 years and then simply die of old age.

I wish Dad had made more of his life and taken advantage of the facilities offered to him at the care home. But that was his choice and his way. A quiet and private man right to the end. I only hope and pray he is in a better place now, reunited with those he loved and lost. Not his beliefs, but mine.

I've always dreaded the day I'd be an orphan. I'm not sure how I feel right now, but I'm struggling. Definitely pensive and sad of course, but battling with the bigger picture and pondering the future. But one day at a time is all any of us can do and I know you'll appreciate how much there is to do and how long these things can take.

I'll drop in when I can, but I know you'll understand if my visits are fleeting. Thanks again to you all.

© Copyright 2011 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738787-Thank-You