*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739086-Nightmare
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#739086 added November 9, 2011 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
Nightmare
                                                Nightmare

I woke up in a sudden frenzy this morning. I was jolted from my dream world so fast; it took me a few seconds to realize I was in bed.  In this dream, a man approached me. He was of medium build with golden brown hair perfectly arranged on his head, and dressed in an expensive suit. He was and older man with a handsome features, and a sinister smile. In the last three or four dreams, he made cameo appearances in between scenes but never approached me. Last night he asked me for something. His voice was deep, heavily accented and dangerous. I asked him what he wanted and he did not answer. I waited for him but he just stood there, so I started to walk away.  I did not like him; and I felt an urgent desire to leave.  Before I could get away, he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into him. He told me if I did not give him what he wanted he would kill my family, and the lights flashed on around us. I did not realize we were in the dark or that we were alone, until my family appeared. Only they weren’t my family, just strangers representing them.  Frightened I would be the cause of a loved ones demise, I agreed to give him what he wanted as soon as he set them free. An eerie smile spread across his face and he agreed.

I was on the other side of the room, which was more like an empty space. It reminded me of the old cartoons when they incorporated the artist, who would mess with the characters by erasing the road in front of them or completely wiping out the scene leaving them on an empty page.

I glared at him from across the room, and one by one, my family disappeared vanishing off the blank page.  With outstretched arms, he summoned me.  Desire and greed oozed through his deep voice and I thought I spied drool forming in the corner of his mouth.  I trudged towards him, scared and pissed off.
He received me with such vigor; I almost thought I was safe. Then his smooth hand glided up my back and latched onto the back of my head, pulling my head back so my neck was visible. Before his lips touched my skin, I sunk a long blade into his back and ran like hell when released me. 

“You really thought it was going to be that easy?”  I said to him before jumping off the blank page and out of my dream.

© Copyright 2011 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739086-Nightmare