*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739130-What-kind-of-animal-would-I-be
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#739130 added November 9, 2011 at 10:41pm
Restrictions: None
What kind of animal would I be?
Istijlál (Majesty), 7 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Wednesday, November 9, 2011 about 7:41 PM Pacific Time

“If you could be a member of a different species, any animal of your choosing, what would you like to be? Would life be simpler if we weren't human? Would it be better?” kittiara

The answer to this question depends on the way I feel on any given day. Sometimes I am grateful to be a human being and participate in the human experience. At other times, I want to be any other living creature rather then human.

Sometimes I want to be a cat living with a human companion that wants only to make me happy and comfortable. There was a time, in my younger days when I wanted to be a horse and roam free in the hills with a large herd of wild horses. There was also a time when I wanted to be a wolf, but not just any wolf. I wanted to be the alpha female of a pack of wolves in Yellowstone Park.

All of these creatures are beautiful and intriguing. It would be nice to be one of them for a little while. However, I do not think that living life, as one of these creatures would make me happy. I would be contented, but not happy. Because for me happiness is a spiritual attribute.

Happiness is something that occurs during the struggle and stress of daily life. It occurs when I am attempting to develop my talents or taking care of my mother. Happiness comes in increments, in unexpected moments, when the body and the soul are in harmony. I am grateful that I was born as a human being and, except in moments of extreme stress, I would not want to be anything else.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739130-What-kind-of-animal-would-I-be