*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739754-Innocence-Lost
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#739754 added November 18, 2011 at 1:27am
Restrictions: None
Innocence Lost.
When a life changing event occurs in a story, the main character is forced into a major overhaul. They no longer have the same views and are forced to approach life in a different manner. He/she react to events with more courage or a watchful eye. Their steps are taken with care, and always one step ahead. The innocence is replaced with insight and their soul is forever changed.

I watched my daughters heart crumble today and her once uplifted spirit shatter in pieces. I held her tight while she wept and did my best to comfort her. For once, I knew how to handle this kind of situation.
A broken promise is never an easy thing for a child to handle. They have an innocent and trusting nature, and at such a young age; it broke my heart to see her experience the cruel grip of reality.

As much as I wanted to make up an excuse and tell her reasons why this person failed to honor their promise, I resolved to sticking with the truth.
Getting your hopes up is unrealistic these days and you have to understand that some people don't have the same values and view life differently. A promise kept may be important to us, but may not seem like a big deal to another. Give that person a chance to explain and forgive them for making mistakes.

I watched as pieces of her innocence dissipated, leaving behind a gaping hole of hurt and loss of trust.

A transformation of her soul begins as corruption seeps through, adding pounds of experience, and a thin coat of armor around her fragile heart. 

She is forever changed.




© Copyright 2011 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739754-Innocence-Lost