*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740789-This-ones-about-making-the-music-bearable
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#740789 added December 1, 2011 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
This one's about making the music bearable.
What's up everybody? If you're like me, and I know you're not, you hate Christmas music. And if you're like me, you hate hearing it well before Thanksgiving (as some of the local radio stations have been playing it well before the bird's been prepped).

Maybe the years I've worked in retail have killed and numbed my soul to the Xmas sounds that rattle your earholes. Maybe it's because I don't enjoy Christmas the same way I did as a youngin'. Hell, I can actually work and get holiday pay now. Who am I kidding...I worked at places that offered a premium once for helping out at other stores on Christmas...how does $250 for a 4-hr shift sound? Where do I sign up??

Maybe it's because I really don't have family anymore after both ends burned the bridge. But that's something that's ok for me to be with and not ok for you to question.

Jess the CWC and I have a Christmas tradition that dates back to when we started dating. Usually we both work, because we do all of the family stuff Xmas eve. Then we order Chinese food and exchange gifts on Christmas Day. Shit, damn near everything is made in China anyway. If I'm gonna work on a holiday and they're gonna work on a holiday, far be it from me to not give them a reason to work for me. *Smirk* FA-RA-RA-RA-RAH, FA-RA-RA-RAH.

But I digress. I get really burned out with the Christmas music I'm forced to hear. I want to hear what I want to hear. So I'm doing this: A Blue December (and if you don't know what that means, you better ask a playa) for this here internet spaciousness, and each day will be a song that veers off the traditional path (for the most part). I initially wanted to do a top 10, but 10 wasn't enough. Julie D - PUBLISHED! had to get my gears going on this one (and it's not her fault...it's mine). I'mma do my best to give you a 25 days of Christmas that you didn't see coming. And maybe you did, but maybe you didn't.

MUSICAL BREAK:

I'mma start this off with something traditional...but don't get any expectations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDBMzGq1vhs

VITAL STATS:

Happy December y'all! Snow fell in our area for the first time...and I hate it, but what can you do about it?

I did actually have some trauma today...the fantastic chair I sit in while I type this to the masses, that was a b-day present from Jess the CWC. And the amatuer hydrolics in it are now non-functional. For once, I feel like I'm staring up at something.

And that's where I'll leave you, friends. Til tomorrow, at least. Happy holiday season to you all! GOODNIGHT NOW!!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740789-This-ones-about-making-the-music-bearable