*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741756-THE-BETTER-HALF
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#741756 added January 3, 2012 at 9:18am
Restrictions: None
THE BETTER HALF.
Here we are, mid December '11, the year is almost done, and another half a month and Christmas will be behind us. The new year looms ahead.

Half of the world will celebrate X-mas, the other half will supply the presents, the other half will ignore it all, and the other half could use all the goodwill and cheer – even half of it – would be fine.

There are so many halves, so many homes was torn in half this year due to something or other.

So many halves, so many nothings. Then we do not; or should not forget, there are many that went before this year. Seems to me, we have a world with many halves.

Well – half a glass full is still better than half a glass empty.

The eternal optimists.


@ 2012 - 01 - 02

When making a landing, the sky above and the runway behind, these have no value.

Let us keep our eyes on the goal ahead. The rest is not in our control.


I picked this up in Dave Varty's - 'The Full Circle' - and on Googling it, found it to be part of the pilot's training advice.

We have more empty chairs at the table - 2011 - took its share. We still have the memories ... not quite the same, still - that is all we have.


© Copyright 2012 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741756-THE-BETTER-HALF