*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741837-I-am-a-bad-bad-girl
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#741837 added December 15, 2011 at 11:11am
Restrictions: None
I am a bad bad girl!
I did a bad thing the other day. I forgot my husband’s birthday. OH NO! Some of you are shaking your heads in disapproval. Some of you are disappointed and will never ever speak to me again. I understand. Did you know I forgot my anniversary too? OMG! You can hate me now.
I remembered when I heard my hubby’s phone ring and a cheery voice on the other end sang him happy birthday. It was my mother. I knew I was in the doghouse then. I arranged a last minute birthday party, which turned out to be a disaster. I am officially banned from the kitchen. Totally fine with me, except I feel the need to cook something now. You know that feeling you get when someone says you can’t do something? When your rebellious nature comes out and you want to do it anyway?
I think it’s a trick. Like reverse psychology. One of my characters did that to me. I wasn’t planning to write him in until later in the story, and even then, it was supposed to be a small but significant part. He ended up in the third chapter and is now one of the main characters. He tricked me, promised he wouldn’t stay too long. Funny how your characters have a mind of their own. I thought I was in charge here. I guess not. Maybe I am a bad influence on them. They shouldn’t hang around with someone like me. I am a crazy sleep deprived mother who is banned from her own kitchen. You people shouldn’t talk to me. I could rub off on you and then suddenly you’re forgetting birthdays and anniversaries. Run away. Save yourselves.

© Copyright 2011 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741837-I-am-a-bad-bad-girl