*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742127-Santa-Is-Coming-to-Town
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#742127 added December 19, 2011 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
Santa Is Coming to Town
Jaden has become very interested in Santa this year. At nearly two, her comprehension and vocabulary seemed to have increased triple-fold almost overnight. She likes to talk about what she likes most and right now, she is pretty fond of the big guy in red. She waves to the big inflatable Santa at her daycare each morning and tenderly pats the little light-up Santa on our back porch each night. While she may not understand his role in all this completely, she has managed to make the connection between his arrival and new toys and that's enough to make him cooler than Elmo, gummy fruit snacks and her puppies combined! This morning I told her Santa is coming in five days, we counted them off on her tiny fingers. She smiled and clapped and then hugged me, for good measure I suppose.

Tonight we will go spotting for Christmas lights on our commute home. I'll try to get her to help me with some wrapping, or at least distract her from unwrapping what I've already gotten done. After her bath we will read her Christmas story book, "Bear Stays Up" and then I'll put her to bed where I hope she has sweet sugar plum fairy dreams. As she grows we will teach her about the true lessons of the season, the real miracle, but for this moment I'm okay with Santa being the central attraction. Christmas is a wonderful time of year to be a child and the window we all get to be children is so very brief. I want her to enjoy every moment as much as possible.

© Copyright 2011 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742127-Santa-Is-Coming-to-Town