*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742673-Cats-and-Kitchen-Cabinets
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#742673 added December 28, 2011 at 8:25am
Restrictions: None
Cats and Kitchen Cabinets
Cats and Kitchen Cabinets

Now that Linda is retired too we are having to figure out once more how we are going to live with each other. Luckily I like her a lot but she can be hard to get along with at times. Today however, we got along great. She left this morning to spend the day with her old Nursing Buddy and didn’t get home ‘til late this afternoon. Then she made me an offer I couldn’t refuse…..

Anyway before she departed this morning she told me I had to show the contractor where the cabinets are falling off the wall in the Kitchen. Two years ago we did a major renovation of the house adding a new kitchen, bathroom and master bedroom. It really turned out well except last week she noticed that one of the cabinets was about to fall off the wall in the kitchen. So I called the contractor and said, “Garry, one of the cabinets is about to fall off the wall…” and he said, “What is Linda storing in them now, her bar bells?” (Linda does tend to keep the cabinets full.) “Don’t blame Linda.” I shot back….”Not her fault your handy men couldn’t find the studs” Anyway he came out and took a look…. “Not my fault,” he explained in true Wisconsin fashion. “Look here, where my men fastened them is not the problem…the problem is that the damn things are pulling apart… Oh and it isn’t just this one its at least two more that are coming apart at the seams.” Sure enough he was right. Those expensive cabinets we bought at Lowes, that were custom ordered, where coming apart. “SHUCKS!” I exclaimed, “Forgive me for ever doubting you ole buddy…. Now tell me the best way to fix it.” “ Hmmmm,” he said,” Before I do anything find out if there is a warranty and if there is let the factory representative get involved.” So tonight Linda and I went to Lowes and would you believe it…They have a lifetime guarantee. I’ll keep you all posted on how the rest of the story turns out.

Felix the female (Cat) who walked on several months ago and thinks she is a dog is gone missing. I will go looking for her tomorrow. Like I don’t have more important things to do. These strays are such a pain in the butt and I don’t know why I worry… Most of the time the cats disappear and come back after a while. I got a bad feeling about Felix though…. Like I used to get in Vietnam… Don’t go there Percy!… Wish I hadn’t brought the subject up…. Damn cats.


© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742673-Cats-and-Kitchen-Cabinets