*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742868-Out-with-the-Old-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#742868 added December 31, 2011 at 12:49pm
Restrictions: None
Out with the Old Again..
I think this is the tenth new year’s eve I’ve been around since joining WDC and the seventh since starting my blog here. Still being here in itself is something to be very grateful for. I take nothing for granted these days.

Yet again I have to be honest and admit I’ll be pleased to see the back of this year. It’s been another very tough one with an exceptional amount of anxiety and heartache. Even checking back on my fewer than average blog entries for 2011 brought many fresh tears. *Cry*

From the start there has been so much illness and stress within the family. My Dad’s continuing falls and hospital stays were a constant worry until the ultimate of horrors involving a house fire last February. To find him a place in a caring home should have been a blessed relief, but sadly it was not meant to be and his passing in October is still a very raw wound. All I can pray for is that he’s found peace and is in a better place.

Problems with my son and his family are part of life now and there have been many sticky moments over the past year. Again, all I can hope for is they will smooth things out and do what is best for themselves and the children. At least the house move last January, although stressful at the time, has turned out to be a positive and both the children have settled well into schooling.

All in all it’s been a tough time, but I have always said my friends are the people who help me through. Never did I imagine 2011 would see the end of one of those friendships when Big Pam turned her back on me after what I consider to be a very trivial incident. But proof we never can predict what lies ahead or what people are capable of. One reason I won’t be making any resolutions or promises apart from continuing to take one day at a time.

But there have been good times and happy moments including a second trip to the U.S.A. on the Queen Mary 2, some special birthday celebrations, some good times with my sister and a visit from Kåre Enga going to Montana last August. I’ve joined a walking group and consequently visited new places and made new friends.

Change is the only constant in life and as such I know the next year will bring more and hopefully better ones. 2012 will be the first year I will have no parental responsibilities, which evokes a huge cauldron of mixed emotions for me. It will be strange and difficult to come to terms with, but as stated previously, one day at a time.

So, on this last one of the year I’ll wish you all the best for 2012 and whatever your plans for this evening may your first hangovers of the year be little ones. *Sick*

© Copyright 2011 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742868-Out-with-the-Old-Again