*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743370-Them-versus-Us
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#743370 added January 4, 2012 at 11:27pm
Restrictions: None
Them versus Us
Day 4: January 4, 2012 ~ 30-day Blog Challenge prompt is World-wide issues that need support.


Which issue to choose over another? There are so many, hunger, drought, the destruction of the rain forest, the extinction of flora and fauna, etc. It is difficult to pick one over another. All of the problems facing the world today are interconnection in subtitle ways and at the grassroots level. Because of this interconnection, a solution to one of these problems is a step to solving all of them.

The biggest problem facing the world today is the “them verses us” attitude or lack of unity. Earth is a single planet. Humanity, no matter what the skin tone or country of origin of the individual components, is a single species, a single family. Whatever happens to one member of that family effect the entire family.

The “them versus us” attitude focuses on the differences that are present in the human species and not the similarities. This focus on the differences encourages people to look at those of different religions, skin tones, nations, political parties, and financial abilities as “them” and less worthy. Yet we live on the same planet, therefore, climate change, pandemics, and natural disasters effect all in the same way.

Looking at the similarities, changes the way an individual sees the rest of humanity. It encourages us to find solutions to the problems that affect all of us. It encourages us to see humanity as a single species or family and we want to help in whatever small way we can.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743370-Them-versus-Us