*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743379-Advice-and-bitter-sweet-meals
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#743379 added January 5, 2012 at 3:23am
Restrictions: None
Advice and bitter sweet meals.
An out of the blue call from a distant relative surprised me today. Her urgency to confide in me and ask for advice flattered me. I hardly felt qualified to dish out advice and help her in her time of need, but I tried to be honest and comforting. In the end, I feel she walked away a better person. Situations like this are handled with care, love and the hope that said advice doesn't backfire and come back your way. People are funny in touchy situations and are quick to point the finger when things go awry. Yesterday, I talked about the crazy house wife, lying to herself and putting on a facade to impress others.
I have always wondered why. Why bother? Why not simply be yourself and welcome happiness into life instead of embracing anger and bitterness? I found that I could not get a truthfull answer when I asked. Instead I was smothered with accusations and hate. Observation is the only research I have and I think that's all I will get. Time for imagination and the hope that I hit the nerve of truth somewhere down the line.  On a positive note; those crazy women usually are the best cooks. Heres to bitter cooking and delicious meals. Wonder if Rachel Ray is as happy as she looks. :)

© Copyright 2012 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743379-Advice-and-bitter-sweet-meals