*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743690-Sunday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#743690 added January 8, 2012 at 1:01pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Remember the book I started reading like two weeks ago, A Voice in the Wind  ? I complained that the opening fall of Jerusalem scene was confusing and slow? Well, it got good. I finished it yesterday, reading for maybe four or five solid hours to get through to the end. I'll read the next one, because she's a good storyteller. But she's a chronic head-hopper, and it's confusing as hell. She's also a word show-off - meaning that she overuses certain big, impressive words unnecessarily, and she uses the same ones over and over, making it sound like she has a handful of big words in her arsenal with which to impress. And it's not like the whole book is written at a high reading level; rather, random passages sound like mini graduate theses. In my opinion, these passages slow down the narrative drive.

Other than that, her plot, setting and characters are outstanding. I was shocked at the ending, and I thought for sure the problems with the main antagonist would be resolved by the end, but they weren't, which was very real. It was an unsatisfying ending, leaving me wanting to get started right away on the next book.

Health goals
Weight: 174.8
Exercise: Not yesterday, due to the 2am drunk friend rescuing. Hopefully today.
Yesterday's points: 28
I didn't count again yesterday, but my estimate wasn't bad. I was too busy to eat, otherwise I would have slept more. And when I finally did go to bed (around 7pm), I ended up reading in bed 'til 10. Still, I feel much better today and look forward to my Sunday afternoon relaxation (after chores, of course.)

Weekly writing goals
Profile 43 Characters: Done. *Thumbsup*
Rewrite one short story: Done: "The Butterfly Stone [13+] *Thumbsup*
Character Inventory: In progress.
Review 1 hour: Done. *Thumbsup*
Revise one song: Done. (e:thumbsup}

Weekly work goals
Reach 400 students at MTMS   by 12/31/12: ? It's Sunday. I'll check tomorrow.
Blog at MT.com  : Done. *Thumbsup*
Year-end closeout: In progress.
Sign-in process for students: In progress.
Judge Ohio Idol videos: PENDING and NEEDS TO BE SCHEDULED.

Music Log
Yesterday, I practiced: "Wade in the Water" on organ
Yesterday, I listened to: Wade in the Water - a whole bunch.
This week, I performed at: Senor Patron.
Songwriting progress: I worked on "100 Times [ASR] and "In Muted Light of Softening Day [E]

Except for my growing list of work goals, I did pretty good this week. I'll publish a new goals llist tomorrow morning, and it will probably have more work goals and less writing goals. *Smile*

© Copyright 2012 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743690-Sunday