*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744453-Waking-up-in-Rachel-Nevada
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#744453 added January 16, 2012 at 10:22pm
Restrictions: None
Waking up in Rachel, Nevada
Day 16: January 16, 2012 ~ 30-day Blog Challenge prompt is When you went to sleep last night, it was in your own bed or familiar surroundings. You wake up this morning in a strange bed and unfamiliar surroundings. You recognize your reflection with some differences, the face in the mirror is an older/younger version of you. Everyone you meet knows you, but by a different name. Where are you? What is your name? How do you believe you arrived in your present location?


I awoke, with the rising sun shining directly into my eyes. Odd, I though forcing myself to get up and stagger toward the window, I don’t remember a window in the east wall, I thought the window faced north. I closed the curtains and walked to the dresser. I stared at the reflection, my hair was dark brown without a single gray strand and there were teeth in my mouth. I thought I took my dentures out last night. I attempted to remove the denture, without success.

“Their real,” I said and continued to stare at my reflection, “my teeth are real. How could I have grown a completely new set of teeth overnight? It’s a miracle!”

“What’s a miracle?” A male voice called from beyond a closed door.

I walked to the door and opened it. Standing in front of a mirror, with an electric shaver in his hand was George Clooney’s body double.

“Who are you?”

“Mari,” his brow wrinkled, “I’m Harvey, your husband, don’t you remember getting married yesterday?”

“Uh, no, where am I... are we?”

“We’re in Rachel, Nevada.”

“And I suppose you work in Area 51.”

“Yes,” he place the shaver by the sink and took me in his arms, “is there something wrong? Are you ill?”

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744453-Waking-up-in-Rachel-Nevada