*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745032-Sisters-and-retail
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#745032 added January 19, 2012 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
Sisters and retail.
One of the perks of having a sister is knowing you will always have a friend in time of need. Retail therapy was on the menu for today, and I had a couple of hours to vent my frustrations on various beauty products. We shopped, we talked, and in the end we went home carrying bags of lipglosses and nail polishes. The rest of the day went as planned. Picking up the kids, homework, dinner, and laundry took up the rest of my time. Finally getting the kids tucked in, I collapsed onto my bed and heard the rustle of a plastic bag underneath me. My frustration and weariness fell away, and a smile replaced my frown. Recalling the short time my sister and I spent together reminded me to make time for myself. I can get so wrapped up with tending to everyone elses needs that I forget about my own. Tonight I am going to paint my nails and wear my new lipgloss. It may seem like no big deal to some, but to me, it symbolizes a promise to myself. A promise not to forget about me. I owe my sister for reminding me that I am impotant too.

© Copyright 2012 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745032-Sisters-and-retail