*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745394-Just-Passing-Through
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#745394 added January 23, 2012 at 11:57am
Restrictions: None
Just Passing Through
Thanks once again for your understanding comments and very wise advice. I think you should all club together and start a WDC advice column.

Paul and the children came over yesterday and stayed for dinner. The family had been out for lunch at a Thai restaurant near home and Mey Ling had decided she'd prefer to go home from there. I'll work hard not to take that personally or conclude she doesn't want to face us. It was a pleasant enough afternoon and both Paul and the grandmonsters seem in good spirits, so that is as much as I can ask for right now.

In between painting, colouring, watching cartoons and playing sweet shops, we managed to hold some conversations over the situation. Paul is of the opinion he needs to leave Mey Ling to grieve in whatever way she needs to and allow her to come to terms with things in her own time. I believe that to be a pretty wise decision apart from the fact he seems to be living as a one parent family at present, but I know he's capable of coping with that and the children absolutely adore him, which makes me proud.

I will emulate his resolution and make whatever allowances I need to in order to support him in maintaining as stable an environment for the children as possible. I'm quite willing to offer Mey Ling emotional support and the chance to go to Cambodia if she wants to, but will draw the line at loaning money without knowing exactly what it is for. Paul and I discussed the Cambodian culture at some length and it's obvious it is so far removed from our own there are always bound to be problems in understanding on both sides. But that does not rule out some sort of compromise or hope for the future. I won't hold my breath however and will continue to take each day as it comes.

This one has been pretty frustrating so far, but I know I have to step back from my son's problems in order to cope with other things. I conclude today all estate agents, solicitors and banks are run by wet-behind-the-ears youngsters with no experience of life, limited people skills and scant knowledge of the work they have been supposedly trained to do. Apologies to any estate agents, solicitors or wankers bankers who may be reading this.

One day I will find time to search out my lost sense of humour and return it to its rightful owner. After all, I doubt anyone else would want it or know what to do with it.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745394-Just-Passing-Through