*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745079-Whoosh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#745079 added January 20, 2012 at 6:31pm
Restrictions: None
Whoosh
There goes another week.

Plans I try not to make, achievements I tend not to count and another day I never take for granted. We never know what they can bring which is one harsh thing I've learned at least.

I've had a pleasant day out with my gals in Newark today, despite the fact it's pimply sissed down. But we know where to go when it's raining, so no worries.

Three days spent with my precious sister flew by far too quickly, but we managed a few laughs and recalled many happier times during her stay. We've found and approved of the perfect place to scatter Dad's ashes, but decided to wait until spring, God willing, when hopefully it will be warmer and prettier.

We've also had to grit our teeth and armed with plenty of tissues set about clearing our parent's home. *Cry* We've worked very hard and hopefully will have completed as much as possible by the time the new owners are ready to move in. The mountain of paperwork involved may require a brain transplant and the elixir of life however. How come estate agents and solicitors charge so much, yet the workload for clients is horrendous?

On the son and family front I am still very confused, suspicious, annoyed and just about had enough if I'm honest. They came over last Sunday despite the fact Mey Ling had a cold and also made it obvious she didn't want to be here. Paul and the children seemed fine, but she was sullen, uncommunicative and disinterested.

I realise she is bound to be very upset and depressed by her father's death, but there is nothing we can do about that and she has two small children here where she chose to settle. We would be quite willing and prepared to pay for her to visit Cambodia if it would help, but without further excessive funds she doesn't seem to want to go. She won't open up and discuss the matter or her feelings.

We've not seen them since then, but know she is now blaming Paul and ourselves for her father's death claiming if we'd supplied the money immediately for an operation it may have saved his life.

I don't know the facts, the customs, the truth or the next stage, but one thing I do know is I'm rapidly getting to the end of my rope with her very unfair, cruel and ungrateful attitude. I've been making allowances for five years now and am teetering on thin ice.

They should be coming here on Sunday, but I think it's best I tape over my mouth and keep out the way as much as possible. I'm tired, down, below par, still grieving and also have concerns over other things. I'm quite aware the world doesn't revolve around me, but think it's time someone made Mey Ling aware the same applies to her. Why does it always have to be me?

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745079-Whoosh