*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745477-Books-made-into-movies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#745477 added January 24, 2012 at 2:17pm
Restrictions: None
Books made into movies
Day 24: January 24, 2012 ~ 30-day Blog Challenge prompt is In the past few years books have been adapted into movies. Some have not lived up to their novel origins. What book adaption have you not been impressed by? If you could, would you re-film the movie? What book(s) do you think could make an impressive movie? What book(s) do you think couldn't be made into a movie, no matter what the circumstances?


What book adaption have you not been impressed by?


It’s been a while since I saw any movie, much less a movie based on a book. I think the last movie I saw was the Lord of the Ring series. I enjoyed the movies. I liked the special effects. I liked the actors. I would have to see it a couple of more times in the big screen or the small screen to find the parts that did not impress me.

I would have liked this series to be closer to the books, but considering the special effects technology and the audience at the time these movies were made, I think filmmakers did a decent job.

If you could, would you re-film the movie?


Yes, I would re-film these movies, but only when the technology improved that the audience could enjoy them equally on both the big screen and the small screen.

What book(s) do you think could make an impressive movie?


Since most of my reading for the past few years has centered around poetry, short stories, stories on writing.com, and religious books, I cannot answer this question.

What book(s) do you think couldn't be made into a movie, no matter what the circumstances?


I doubt there is any book that could not be made into a movie. Filmmakers are extremely creative and special effect technology is advancing all the time. The only thing that would prevent a book from becoming a movie is audience appeal and the projected profits generated from the subject of the book. If a filmmaker took the right approach, with the right advertisements then it is possible for any book to become a movie.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745477-Books-made-into-movies