*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745555-This-ones-about-a-deep-debate
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#745555 added January 25, 2012 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about a deep debate.
THE PROMPT: "Write one paragraph about the word spiritual and what you think it means to you. Is being spiritual different than being religious? Do you see yourself as being either spiritual or religious? Do you have negative inner reactions to those whom you see as being religious or spiritual? Why or why not?"

Good evening everyone...if you know one thing about me, it's that I have a hard time doing anything in one paragraph. While I like to subscribe to the "less is more" theory of writing, I also have the tendancy to say too much at times. But I'm game for this prompt, and dare I say it, I'm feeling almost a little cocky about this prompt. In fact, to borrow a line from an old game show, I can nail this prompt in ONE SENTENCE!! Judges?? (I will, for the sake of arguement discussion, spend the rest of a paragraph's worth of sentences answering the other questions.)

Being spiritual means having an inner connection with someone or something, while being religious signifies the subscription to a specific religion's oaths, ways and traditions. I definitely consider myself to be more spiritual than religious, as I don't belong to any particular religion. What am I spiritual about? Who knows. I don't know what's up there or out there, but I do give a little bit of creedence to the "Higher Power" way of thinking. What I do know is that I was not placed here to judge anyone on anything (but far be it from me to hold my tounge if you piss me off), because I'm the "live and let live, and to each their own" kinda brotha.

There. That's it. Now here's the bonus portion that came with the deluxe edition:

You've probably got more spirituality in your pinky, because I wouldn't know what to even be spiritual about. Maybe it's the "inner peace" thing...well, that likes to come and go. And brushing my teeth every morning, noon and night doesn't make one religious...it means they religiously take care of their hygiene, which is cool and all. Hey, we all do it. Some dudes religiously wash their cars, and some chicks religiously paint their nails. Whoop-dee-friggin'-doo. That and $1.75 get you a cup of coffee with the big JC upstairs as long as you're good in whatever faith you accept and practice. And I'm sure your choice of religical language is all well and good for you, and if you're happy then I'm happy, but let's face it, nobody, especially *Pointright* this guy *Pointleft* wants to be beaten over the head with it all the time. You wouldn't want me to tell you constantly how much I love cheese, and how the benefits of having cheese in my life have altered me significantly, and when I die hopefully I'll go to Wisconsin, (and I'm seaching now for a cheese emoticon, and I swear to Gouda if they have a cheese emoticon and not a hockey emoticon I might shred Cheddar until I can't shred anymore...and then I'll shred some more...nope, damn, they don't have a cheese one, but this kinda works, so I'll use it anyway *Partyhaty*) and, sorry...that started to get a wee bit away from me. Basically, don't preach to me, because what works for one person doesn't work for everyone, and we're no better nor worse from it. And trust me, I've done my research. I'm pretty much an outsider and an outcast when it comes to most major organized religions. I see the holes and the flaws. So you do your thing, and I'll do mine. Word.

Whew. I haven't had a rant that good in awhile. Let's move on, shall we? *Smile*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Debate these selections amongst yourselves politely, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NlfwxJzjAE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ASok9tBWc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kjf4khR9dE

VITAL STATS:

*No**Silent* I realize some people may get offended, and I'm ok with that. Why? Because I pay the rent on this hole in the wall of the internet, and I'll decorate it any way I please. Some may feel the need to explain to me why I should accept their faith...please don't. I'll direct you to the top of this page, the author's name, and have you re-read the damn entry. I accept you, even if I don't agree with certain ways and things and stuff. You can accept me for who I am, or politely move along. Please, and thank you. *Delight*

Ugh. I'm gonna pack it up at that. It was uneventful anyway today. I'm not bummed or anything, but I've been sort of introspective a little too much for my own tastes today, and came to some realizations (that have nothing to do with this entry, thanks). I think I'm just gonna read a little to see everyone else's perspectives on this prompt and call it a night. If you made it down to here, thanks for stoppin' by...peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3gvqyw73wU

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745555-This-ones-about-a-deep-debate