*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745690-Encounter-in-the-National-Forest
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#745690 added January 26, 2012 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
Encounter in the National Forest
Encounter in the National Forest

Today when I powered up onto WDC I noticed one of my Short Stories on the Random Reads. I had almost forgotten writing it and so I clicked on it and read it. I have a strange sense of humor and this short story reflects it and I hope I don’t sound vain by saying that it made me smile. I like the stuff I write and while I realize much of it isn’t anybody else’s “Cup of Tea” I can’t help it….I will read something I wrote over a year ago and when I finish give myself a little slap on the back….

Some of the vignettes I read, written by my students must strike them the same way. If they don’t the should. After reading the first batch I remember thinking… These guys and gals aren’t half bad.

Tonight when I opened lesson 3 I was again struck by how well this workshop came together and while I can only take part credit, how proud I was at the enhancements made by my favorite Head Mistress. I guess the point is that good stuff makes me feel good to look at it.

On a recent trip Linda bought me a pair of Book Ends. They are bronzes of a Middle Ages Heroic figure in a cape with his lady love in his arms. Originally they were painted green with white faces. They stand about ten inches and are gorgeous. The green paint has flaked off revealing the bronze underneath and they take my breath away.

Last Month in an antique shop my wife bought me a porcelain figurine of a girl holding open her nightgown. It was risqué in the 1920’s and probable considered “Naughty Art” but the workmanship is exceptional. If you look from the top you can see her breasts and from beneath her bottom parts. It stands about four inches and next to her is a pedestal that was used to hold a quill or maybe a thin pen, that has been long since separated. I can see it sitting on a writers desk and giving him occasion for a wry smile.

On the walls of the bedroom where my office is are four (4) Icarte prints which represent some of his best work. He was (is?) an artist who painted females in a romantically sensual motif. They aren’t expensive and have a warm ambience about them.

When I get bored I search Google Image fantasy which gives me a strip of images that really electrify my imagination. I will copy one or two a night and if I have a story to write will bring them from my computer to WDC and save them as a created image ** Image ID #number Unavailable ** Then I will paste them on top of my vignette and draw from the energy they elicit as I write.

Sometimes I will write a synopsis and make it into a poem and put that underneath. Poetry unlocks the spiritual forces of creativity and the words taken with a visual image bring to mind a rush of wonderful thoughts.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745690-Encounter-in-the-National-Forest