*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745712-Central-Wisconsin-in-Winter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#745712 added January 27, 2012 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Central Wisconsin in Winter
Central Wisconsin in Winter

Every morning I get a cup of coffee and check my email. Then I run my “Summary Statistics,” to see what the members have been reading and then I scan the list and if I don’t remember the vignette, click on it to refresh my memory. Anyway that gets my day up and running.

Today it is beautiful outside. The sun is shining off the snow and the sky is blue. I will need to write at least two reviews today and maybe get started on my week three vignette. It is Friday and most of my students have gotten their lesson 2 requirements in and I can get started. I really need to take a closer look at lessons seven and eight as I have had some ideas that are firming in my mind regarding how those two need to go down.

Yesterday I worked on my chain saws and cut wood. The logs that Mark dropped off by the stove needed to get cut up and blocked. I have three piles of wood that I burn. There is the pile in the shed that is dry, the pile behind it that is semi dry and the blocks that I cut yesterday. Every morning I put equal parts of the three into the stove and that seems to be working OK. I hope I don’t have to buy a truckload this year like I did last. I don’t think I will have to because this winter has been much milder than last year.

I brought Felix the female cat inside like Karen suggested last week. Felix is a “Walk On” cat who is mostly black however her face has white around her nose that looks like a handle bar moustache. I am sure she is related to my other three cats but wasn’t raised with them and they hate her. So when I put the rest in the heated garage there was no way I was going to put Felix in with that bunch. They were salivating I think for that to happen. Anyway Felix gets on pretty well with my two dogs.

Yesterday Linda and I saw two eagles feeding on a carcass. It is fairly common to see eagles but what we witnessed was a Golden and Bald Eagle together. The Golden was huge and the Bald was a youngster. Those are magnificent birds and one of the perks to living here is getting to see them.

Another is getting to see the annual migration of the Geese when they gather at the Mill Pond in Westfield. You can stand in the parking lot of the bank and see close up thousands come swooping in on their trip south. It is something to see a huge formation approach, circle and come swooping in and alight on the pond. Last year there was a strange white goose that looked like a barn yard escapee that flew in with them. It reminded me of Felix auditioning for the dog role.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745712-Central-Wisconsin-in-Winter