*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746246-Values-in-and-out-of-focus
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#746246 added February 3, 2012 at 8:02am
Restrictions: None
Values in and out of focus
I am grateful to my rabbi. I have not been brought up in the Jewish faith, but I prefer the honor of calling her by the same name Jesus was called by his followers, Rabbi. She is a true teacher. She prepares us for the message of other teachers in her absence. She has called on us all to identify our strongest values and to use them, meditate upon them, act from them.

At my church, I have watched our beloved minister developing herself through contact with a mentor. I wonder how many people can say that about their spiritual center's leader? I am in awe of my own perceptiveness to the growth I see in her and the impact it has.This exposure to one whom she respects, inspires me. She learns in a blend of retreat and sacred connection, and certainly spends much time on her own deep work after the fact. What I relish for myself is experiencing something of the same widening circle of others she connects with. For, I know, she exponentially grows in Truth from the connections she makes in her journeys.

I have been a hesitant creature for a lifetime, except for those moments when I connect joyously, and love someone instantly. My marriage is sprouted from such a moment. So are all my adventurous friendships. Friendships with people that I cling to obsessively, but would back away from as quickly if breathing room was required to maintain the purity of the connection. It sounds like I am saying I want more friends, but I do not think there is any difficulty in attracting people to me.

It always returns to an idea of connection. I am pouring something of myself into others. Am I allowing others the same avenue to pour something of themselves into me? I'm seeking, seeking...am I stopping long enough to receive the offered drink of divine water? Much of the time, people admire that I carry myself in a determined way, and with a smile. I know it is something that satisfies, but I also see how smiles and pat answers in greeting are worn as a mask. My smile can simply cloak what I feel like revealing. For a while now, I have noticed an anxious recognition, like I am starving. If this is my heart suffering, and any well of joy I have remaining runs dry, then what am I pouring out? Do I really need to try harder? Do you dig deeper to revitalize your existing well, or do you sink into the earth for a new well?

God, use my beauty -- that divine depth of what I am to express -- Help me to express my values in all that I do.
Jami Lula sings to me right in this moment..."emancipate the divine of my soul!"

This I know, I only realize God operating through me where Love and Passion are involved. For me it is completely transient if I am not passionate about it.

So far, these, under the umbrella of Love and Passion are the ones for me:

Compassion
Appreciation
Justice

And the paths that I wear by walking with these values translate into these actions:

Compassion - Healing
Appreciation - Grateful discovery with perspective
Justice - Discerning what is right

Oh God, I hear. Let others know, but others will not decide for you.

What do I do with who I am? I cannot sleep while still on the mountaintop.

There's no turning back now.

I look for the words to release this to action. The first word there?
Express.

Yes

© Copyright 2012 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746246-Values-in-and-out-of-focus