*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746436-Super-Bowl-Sunday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#746436 added February 5, 2012 at 2:06pm
Restrictions: None
Super Bowl Sunday
Super Bowl Sunday

I had an idea for a story this morning and set off to write enough of it so I would not lose the main thought. It is a good idea and I plan to write at least a vignette in developing it.

After church I finished the last of my Lesson 3 Reviews. That is always a relief to get that accomplished. Trying to maintain my writing, blog and EWW requirements is hectic and I can imagine how hard it must be for someone who has a real day job. Today is another sunny day in the 30 degree range…It is supposed to get cooler but only drop into the twenties. I have not burned half the wood I did last year. Hopefully I can get ahead. I started this year without a stick on the property.

My students have been very quiet this week. I think the lessons are keeping them busy. Everybody submitted on time and here it is, the afternoon of the Super Bowl and I won’t feel guilty watching the game. I am predicting that New York will win on account of their defense, however the teams are very evenly matched.

As I read the submissions for this week I was again struck by the quality of what the students are turning in. The overall quality on the average is higher than the past two terms, however the top submissions have consistently been high regardless of semester. One of my students, bertie brite dropped me a note and it was good to hear from her.

This country church I belong to is a very unusual congregation…The leadership goes well beyond the minister and there are many members who step up with their skits and music to make the weekly service a success. The minister is not charismatic but is the “Real Deal” with a loving heart and sincere interest, and there is a diversity of people in charge who don’t seem to get in each other’s way. It should be a model for how a church is run, however it is the only one I have ever seen that so operates.

I think I’ll go out and fill the stove and take a nap. Then I’ll be rested and ready to go for the Super Bowl.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746436-Super-Bowl-Sunday