*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746667-Good-Enough-for-me-and-Linda-Barkley
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#746667 added February 8, 2012 at 9:12pm
Restrictions: None
Good Enough for me and Linda Barkley
Good Enough for Me and Linda Barkley II

We took the dogs to the groomer today to get rid of some of the winter crud that builds up on the nasty beasts. These are not normal dogs. Every dog we ever had started slinking and slanking when we showed up at the “Dog salon” Hey, Chloe and Honey love going to get bathed and have their hair done. They greet the groomers, jump up and down and make a big fuss… I don’t know how those girls do it…. Must be some secret trick they have….Dardest thing I ever saw. Now they are both primping around and the cat Felix is confused.

Felix is one of the outdoor cats that auditioned for a dog position. She started hanging out with the dogs when they went into the farmers field next door. Then she started going on walks with us. Then she started frolicking with the dogs…woof woof. The other cats treated her like a pariah and Felix decided…what the heck…I’ll become a dog.

I forgot I had an appointment today to drop my car off to get a new windshield. When we got home there was a call from Pfeiffer’s Automotive… Shucks I uttered or something that sounds similar. Now they’ll be asking how my Alzheimer’s therapy is coming. I hate it when I screw up… Maybe I can say the pick-up was stolen, then drop it off next week with some kind of nonsense recovery story….That will work! This is Wisconsin (Don’t you Know?) Personal responsibility is not anybody’s long suit.

I am behind on my “Shadow Writing.” I have two creative works in the hopper that have siphoned off all my extra writing time. I might not have time to do a vignette this week. Tomorrow is Thursday and I only have one half written….Maybe tomorrow I’ll crash on it…. Whenever I do that my compositions turn out to be a piece of crap or really good… Who says you can’t sometimes crank out good work facing a deadline?

Linda has been cranky today… she gets that way sometimes… Occasionally it is my fault but even if it isn’t it soon becomes my fault. She has this huge backlog of things to bitch about and if one approach doesn’t pan out there are plenty of others she can modify and adapt to the situation… Then there is always the old fall back….do you remember when (twenty years ago) you did this and that….

I have to signal the time out sign and go outside and cut some wood or do something in the garage or with the stove.

I don’t know what a photographic memory exactly is. My daughters can recite every line in a movie they just saw and my wife’s mother worked in a laundry with over five-thousand customers and knew every garment they owned, the names of wives and children and who was cheating on who…Does that qualify….? And I will tell you with absolute certainty that my wife is the Alfa-matriarch and nobody before or after is a pimple on her patootie.

Its humbling when your wife can correct you on things…. that took place when she wasn’t even there.



© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746667-Good-Enough-for-me-and-Linda-Barkley