*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746718-Pair-a-dimes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#746718 added February 9, 2012 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
Pair-a-dimes
Paradigms

Today I had fences to mend…. My friend Bill was not over impressed that I missed the windshield appointment. Anyway I dropped the car off and we had Lunch at Mickey D’s. I have been cutting wood and splitting. The temperature is going down to 14 degrees tonight.

I am thinking about the three things I have in the Hopper. I need to finish them and will start (continue?) with the first crisis that Rindar is facing. This morning I worked for several hours on “Diatribe.“ Then there is “The Hooker” simmering on the back burner.

Woke up from a “Death Nap” half hour ago… My mind is really sharp but my body is sluggish. The House is quiet except for Linda talking on the telephone. I better get cranking… short Blog Today.

My blog gets a lot of activity but not many comments. My life is pretty ordinary and I know my views of writing are not exactly worthy of acclaim. Still when I read some of my reference material I shake my head….That people are actually getting paid to crank our this fire hose litany of material that I have read in different forms at least a half dozen times. At least the things we are doing in the EWW are delving into better ways to develop material and write about it.

I am reading a new Janet Evanovitch novel that she co-authored with somebody else. It is not her voice but it is credibly written. A nice “Who Done It” story line that moves liltingly along.

I have been thinking about going back and diagramming the ten books I most enjoyed reading in my life. Its like drawing up the blueprints of a house instead of taking a picture of it….you know not walking around the grounds and looking from the outside, or going through the rooms and see how they adjoin but instead… sitting at the kitchen table with the floor plan and studying all the “House Systems” that make it breath and come to life….Like the plumbing, wiring, heating and Air-conditioning, ductwork and where the bath and showers are lfixtured.

When we visit a house as a curiosity we look at things in a manner similar to how we read. Its one thing to read for sheer pleasure and another to read in order to understand function and utility. I guess it’s the old form and substance understanding pyridine. I think we should put that word in our dictionary…Paradigm: “Twenty Cents.” Cluck cluck! Smile Karen, it’s the best I can come up with right now.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746718-Pair-a-dimes