*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746727-Going-to-the-library
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#746727 added February 9, 2012 at 8:36pm
Restrictions: None
Going to the library
February 9, 2012 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Details for library visits."


I haven’t been to the library in a long time. I’m not sure of the date of my last visit. I still have my library card; at least I think I still have it. I know I didn’t go in 2011, but I might have visit it in 2010. I have no good reason for not going. In fact the idea of going to the library sounds good because I might find some books I want to read, not that I need to go to the public library for that because I have my own personal library.

I remember as a child “going to the library”. I enjoyed it. I had fun looking through the shelves. I always enjoy looking a through the library shelves; the problem with the last few years is standing up and walking so long. However, since I’m now wearing compression stockings that may no longer be a problem. I have to plan a visit to the library to find out, perhaps next week.

The daycare bus picks Mom up between 8:00 and 9:00 AM. I could go after Mom left because the library opens at 9:00 AM except on Saturday and Sunday. On the weekends, it opens at 10:00 AM, but I can’t go then because Mom is home all day and since I have to take an oxygen tank when I take her anyplace, it is a bit difficult to get her out of the house even if she was willing to go.

Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday are good days for me to go. I could go next Tuesday; if I can’t find my library card then I can get a new one. I should get a new one anyway because I may need a backup Internet access and the library has computers with access to the Internet. I need to make an appointment and they give you only about an hour or two, but if I plan the trip that wouldn’t be a problem.

I have to put next Tuesday on the calendar for my library visit. I used to go without planning, but that isn’t possible any more. When I get into the library, I can lose track of time. I can spend all day in the library and now that I have Mom to care for that just isn’t a good idea. I have to be back at the house between 2:30 and 3:00 PM because the daycare bus returns Mom between 3:00 and 4:00 PM. Life used to be so much simpler.

Plans for going to the library, go to library and get card. Check bookshelves for poetry, science fiction, and fantasy (not necessarily in that order); also check for new books.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746727-Going-to-the-library