*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747246-Plan
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(183)
Rated: 13+ · Book · Teen · #1802477
Rosie moves to a new town and finds out the world isn't what it seems. Please review! :)
#747246 added February 17, 2012 at 12:47pm
Restrictions: None
Plan
Rosie winced as Amber dabbed a cold towel across the cut on her forehead, and put a freezing pack of frozen peas on her head.


The wince seemed to go through Amber too. “God, I’m so sorry, Rosie,” she said guiltily. “He must have followed us here.”


“It’s...okay,” Rosie said between flinches. The cut on her forehead was the worst, and she had a feeling when she looked in the mirror later it would be even worse. Her head had stopped bleeding, which was good, and Amber had managed to get most of the blood out of her hair and the cut there clean too. Amber was actually really good at first aid. Rosie wondered how much practice she’d tried after her friend died.


“I don’t think it needs stitches,” Amber said uncertainly, examining her cut, head tilted slightly to the side.


Rosie smiled and shook her head, then suddenly regretted it as a sharp pain made its way across her entire head, making her feel dizzy and lightheaded. Amber caught her before she could fall again. They were sat at the kitchen table, with lots of blood stained towels and water. It had been at least twenty minutes since Shane left, and Amber hadn’t said one thing about it. She had just concentrated on fixing her up.


“He didn’t mean it.”


Amber glanced at her, still keeping the cold towel on her forehead. “He did,” she said softly. “He’s always been a little wary of trusting me since...just, it doesn’t matter, okay?”


She dropped the subject. “Where did Shane go?” Rosie asked, pushing Amber’s hand away, making her drop the towel onto the table. “Is it where Amy is...and the vampires?”


Amber met her eyes for a second, and then looked quickly away to stare at the kitchen window, where the other candle was still glowing. “Shane’s an idiot,” she said coldly, “he’s going to get himself killed.”


“Then what are we still doing here?” She asked, starting to rise from her chair.


Amber grabbed her hand and pulled her back down, forcefully. “Don’t you see? That vampire, James was not messing around, okay? They will kill you.”


“I don’t care!” Rosie shouted, pulling her arm from Amber’s tight grip. “I need to rescue my sister! You should know that I’ll die trying, if I have to.”


Amber sighed and put her head in her hands. “I don’t know what you expect me to do about it, Rosie. I am not strong enough, okay? Why the hell do you think Louise... died?” When Amber looked up, her mascara and eyeliner had smudged slightly and there were tears running slowly down her cheeks. She looked so young all of a sudden, and Rosie was reminded that Amber wasn’t invincible, that she couldn’t do everything. She had forgotten that these past few days.


“It’s not the same this time,” Rosie said softly. “I won’t let it happen, and even if it did, it wouldn’t be your fault.”


More tears formed in Amber’s pretty blue eyes. “Of course it’s my fault.”


Rosie shook her head. “No, it’s not. Look.” She didn’t know if she was making a huge mistake showing Amber this, but she really had no choice. She had no idea how to deal with it or what it could possibly mean. She was taking a huge risk, but it had to be done.


Rosie ignored the sharp, stabbing pains as she bent down and picked up the fallen note. It was now a little bit crumpled and had a few traces of mud on it. She assumed Shane had stepped on it in his haste to leave.


She held the note out to Amber. “Read it.”          


Amber took the note wearily, her eyes full of question. She looked down, and Rosie saw her eyes widen with every, single word. “You see Amber? This note just proves that none of this is your fault. With or without you, these...vampires... I guess, were coming after me and Amy. There’s a meaning here bigger than we ever anticipated.”


Amber looked up, expressionless. “It said not to tell anybody.”


Rosie shrugged. “I don’t want to keep it from you, so...I haven’t. No more secrets, okay?”


Amber nodded and a hint of a smile spread across her lips, then she shook her head. “I don’t know what this means, but I get the feeling it wasn’t James playing tricks with you. I think you’re right.”


“I think I’m right too, that’s what makes me so scared.”


“For now, we ignore this. I know that’s crazy, but right now we have to deal with saving Shane’s stupid, reckless, anger driven ass.” Amber shot up from the table, and disappeared into the living room. She came back a moment later holding Rosie’s phone.


“Hey, what’re you...?” Rosie hushed at Amber’s rude hand spread out in front of her face.


“I’m texting your Mum, telling her you’ll be at mine tonight. I’m your grief buddy from now on, okay?” 


She nodded and Amber texted away, hitting the touch screen buttons at a fast speed. She could be a texting champion.


“Now, we really have to get out of here,” Amber said, eyes dashing to the kitchen clock, which was reporting the time as five, fifteen.


“Yeah,” Rosie agreed, and tried to get up from the chair, but all she ended up doing was falling back down. Amber gave her a sympathetic smile and looped her arm through hers, pulling her up.


“I think we need to get you a little more fixed up first.”


“No, I’m fine,” Rosie lied, ignoring the banging headache making her want to sit back down and go to sleep for the next twenty billion years.


Amber rolled her eyes dramatically. “I’m a witch; I know when you’re lying to me. Plus, I can see it in your thoughts. I know you’re worried, I am too, he’s my cousin and I love him with all his quirky glory, but I can’t leave you, so...”


“I’m fine,” Rosie said sternly. “There’s nothing we can do about my injuries, now let’s go.”


“Who said there was nothing we could do about your injuries?” Amber asked, a huge, mischievous grin brightening up her face.


Rosie raised her eyebrows. “What did you have in mind?”


Amber held her hand out towards her. “Give me your hand.” When Rosie just stared at her, hands hanging down by her sides, Amber sighed and said, “Trust me.”


Rosie nodded weakly, and gave Amber her right hand. Amber cupped her other hand over the top of hers and started murmuring something under her breath. Rosie couldn’t make out the words, they were so quiet, and they didn’t even sound like English at all. Witch language, she assumed. With every quiet, mumbled word, she felt the pains in her head start to slowly ease. It felt really good, and Rosie felt the same peace she had earlier, like she was safe, relaxed...


“Open your eyes.” Amber’s voice woke her from her trance. “I’m sorry, sometimes those kinds of spells can become a little hypnotic, I guess.” She shifted uncomfortably. “It should ease the pain for a few hours.”


“Thank you,” Rosie said gratefully.


Amber suddenly became all serious. “Shane has gone to that big, old Victorian-like house I was drawing earlier. We recognize it because my Mum kind of works with the vampires. It’s a really long story for another time,” Amber said quickly, before Rosie could even begin to utter her many questions. “That’s where Amy is, but because of Shane’s impulsiveness and James’s stupidity, they may have moved her, but we’ll see.”


“Will it be dangerous?”


Amber gave her a look like she was trying to figure out if she was joking or not. “Of course it’s dangerous, they are vampires, and you and missy stay the hell away from them.” Rosie nodded; no argument was needed to make her avoid another run in with the undead. “Good,” Amber said, her voice sounded calmer. “If we’re going we better go now, before I change my mind.”


Amber started out the back door. Rosie grabbed her phone, and then ran out after her into the now spookily, darkening streets.





It was about a five minute walk to the old, Victorian house Amber had immaculately drawn earlier. Up close it was even huger; four stories high, a huge garden surrounding it, and a crumbling tall brick wall around the large perimeter. The house... or mansion itself was made of an ancient looking dark brick, and had a lovely, double, cherry wooded front door. The whole house was kind of dark, and had an almost unwelcoming atmosphere about it, but it was still beautiful.


Rosie was leaning against the brick wall with Amber doing the same beside her. They were doing their best to act stealthy, but it wasn’t really working much since Amber had picked today to wear bright red jeans and a purple tee. You could definitely see her in the dark light. She shone like a rainbow coloured torch. Rosie was less noticeable, wearing black jeans and a dark blue cardigan and strappy matching vest. But still, here they were, getting ready to enter the lion’s den.


Amber led the way further down the brick wall. They were nearing a back entrance, and there was a small, spiky, iron black gate swinging slightly open in the chilly breeze. Amber came to a sudden halt. She turned to Rosie and said, “You’re not coming in. It’s safer for you to stay out here in the shadows than in there. I won’t be long.”


“No! Amber I’m coming in,” Rosie protested.


“No,” Amber disagreed, looking at her stubbornly. “I can protect myself, you on the other hand, can’t. Stay here, I will find Shane and I will look for Amy. Just hope.”


Rosie sighed, and nodded. She slumped back against the wall and crossed her arms. “Fine, go.” She waved her hand sarcastically.


Amber smiled a little. “Thanks,” she said, and disappeared sneakily through the Iron Gate.


Rosie thought she saw the bushes across the road move and heard them rustle. She thought it could be the wind, but she really wasn’t going to take any chances. So she wrapped her cardigan a tighter around her, and walked wearily through the gate after Amber.


There was no way I was staying out here anyway. Be smarter next time Amber.
© Copyright 2012 Lillyrose (UN: lillyrose94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lillyrose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747246-Plan