*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747604-Shazan
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#747604 added February 22, 2012 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
Shazan!
Shazan!

This whole process with the Exploratory Writing Workshop (EWW) has worked out better than I had any right to expect. I see the effect of it in my shadow writing example and I see where it is leading each of my students. In each I see the excitement and enthusiasm I feel in myself.

In the One Act Play course there was not the synergism I see here and maybe I need to revisit the Program of Instruction there to see what the Lessons Learned from the EWW might add.

The EWW seems to answer the question, ”How does a writer outline a story when they don’t know what the story is?” The answer is that the vignettes, written without rigid constraints telegraphy what the outline of the form is going to look like without having to set the foundation of the story in cement to begin with. It allows the writer to explore the options and possibilities for a much longer period by keeping things fluid for a couple of months.

Anyway it will be exciting to see how lessons 7 and 8 go… I will be cramming a lot into the final two of these.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747604-Shazan