*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747665-Cranking-Along
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#747665 added February 23, 2012 at 8:50am
Restrictions: None
Cranking Along
Cranking Along

Well today is Thursday and the last of the vignettes are due. One student requested an extension and I can slip her input to the weekend. Then the review will shift in focus from the vignettes to the outline.

This will be a big step because it will involve starting with a blank outline of 20 chapters and plugging in the vignette's name, then under each a bullet outline of the vignette's structure. Also there will be the heading material like an illustration, title and brief synopsis. I will be providing an example of my “Shadow Written” story Volusia, applied to the process.

In the final lesson the students will complete the outline plugging in the names of the empty chapters and the bullets as they did in lesson 7. That will give them a start on their outline of the novel they are writing with all the good stuff poked in... we have been talking about for the past six weeks.

There are a couple of other instructors working on a novel writing class and I am hoping that the outline the students write here will be a good spring board for going on to a higher phased course.

I am amazed that nobody dropped out… That is unusual from my experience teaching at New Horizon’s Academy. That and having a student who isn’t ready for an advanced level course sign up. Not only has everyone stuck around and completed their assignments, but they have all been up to the task of understanding and completing the materials. How unusual is that?

I am also encouraged that one of the other instructors has expressed an interest in taking the next course as well as several other potential students. Such interest was the case as we were getting ready to launch the initial EWW course and hope it portends the same level of interest and quality of student this time around.

I expect that it is only a matter of time before I see one of my students get published. That is how good several are. One has even offered to lend a hand as an assistant instructor. That would be cool. I will have to think about the calibration process that would be necessary to keep us from stepping on each other’s toes.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747665-Cranking-Along