*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747646-I-have-to-write-to-remain-sane
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#747646 added February 23, 2012 at 1:05am
Restrictions: None
I have to write to remain sane
February 23, 2012 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Say you either lost the mental capability to write (by losing interest or no longer being able to write otherwise)...what would you do? Or, how would you cope with having to urge to write a lot, but not having the use of your hands?"


If I lost interest in writing, I would go crazy. Writing is the only think that keeps me sane. If for some reason I could not write any more, I would buy 12-month bus pass and ride the Citizens Area Transit buses all around Las Vegas, reciting poetry and telling stories. At least, until the men in white coats or black suites picked me up and took me either to a mental health facility or Area 51.

The truth is, if I have a choice, I would rather go to Area 51. If I go there, I might have a chance of meeting aliens from another solar system, another galaxy, or perhaps from Mars.

In all seriousness, what would I do if I lost the ability or the desire to write? I doubt that I would lose the desire to write; it is more likely that I would somehow lose the ability. Since I am my mother’s caregiver, going crazy is not an option. Therefore, I would have to figure out a way to continue to write without the use of my hands.

There are voice-activated software and hardware that would let me write by recording my stories and poems directly into my computer. If I lost my voice plus the use of my hands, then I would have to learn how to use a keyboard with my toes or activate the software with my mind. Since I have to write to keep myself sane and necessity is the mother of invention, I would find a way.

I would be frustrated until I figured out a way to write, but I would find a way to write. There is nothing impossible once a person focuses his or her mental abilities on a solution to a problem. A human being can do anything, as long as you do not focus on failure as failure. Failure is an opportunity to try harder.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747646-I-have-to-write-to-remain-sane