*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748343-A-Small-But-Noteworthy-Milestone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#748343 added March 5, 2012 at 7:39am
Restrictions: None
A Small But Noteworthy Milestone

A Small but Noteworthy Milestone

Kim, one of my students recommended an e-zine (writingraw.com) that was looking for poetry submissions. I submitted one called “Knock on the Door” and it was published. Now I know it might not be something to get excited about but it was the first thing I ever had published. Some of the other submissions I thought were pretty good so it isn’t that they were hurting.

Today is Sunday and it’s snowing. There’s about six inches on the ground. Everybody’s hunkered down and we won’t be going anywhere. Honey, my huge Golden-Doodle is lying next to me and Felix just joined us. She gave honey a good sniff on the nose and then zonked out.

I have one last review to do for the week. One of my students finds it impossible to finish during the week and catches up on the weekend. I really don’t mind as today is when I usually do them anyway and I got ahead of myself this week.
Under the “My Account” on the left hand margin of the Portfolio Page is one called “Summary Statistics?” I am not sure how to really interpret what is happening here. If the number is two or greater I know somebody actually checked out something on my port but if the number is a 1, I have always attributed it to the random read generator activating the number… Yesterday however was Saturday and there was a lot of activity on the site, mostly non- members, and there were twice as many “One Hits” as is normally the case. I am concluding “assuming” that some of the ones are the result of the random number generator and others result when somebody check through your portfolio. One of the reasons I believe this to be the case is because of the sequence of reads… For example the selections might suddenly all come from the same file. I am just curious and wonder if anybody out there knows what is really going on.

My friend Mark wants to combine our equipment next year into a wood splitting facility. We have been gathering fallen trees from the storm damage this year and have several semi-loads. When the weather warms up and the ticks come out we don’t want to be in the woods in the April-May time frames. So that’s when we’ll be doing that work.

I am generating the gumption to finish a novel using the Essence and Stones material. After shadow taking the EWW course and watching several TV serials I think I have it about figured out. I will begin writing the Outline soon and once that is finished will be in a good position to do a little each day. I write some of my best stuff when I can leisurely do a small part each day.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748343-A-Small-But-Noteworthy-Milestone