*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748999-The-Ten-Times-Rule
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#748999 added March 16, 2012 at 9:16am
Restrictions: None
The Ten Times Rule
The Ten Times Rule

I hit a virus with one of my old laptops and it will no longer go on line. Today I will go to Best Buy and have some new software loaded.

Yesterday Linda and I went to Eau Clair and had lunch with a couple of her nursing buddies. Afterwards we went to the Antique Emporium and spent some time looking around. It was well spent. Not only did the owner have some really cool stuff in “The Behind the Counter Collection…(Not for sale)” but he let two gorgeous Italian figurines slip past. They were a pair from the 1700’s and are stunning. I have them on my shelf of the computer desk… along with all the elf soldiers I am painting.

In addition I bought a Civil War Print by Gordon Phillips for a song. It is entitled “The Wizard” and is of General Nathan Bedford Forrest on a horse…(A “Confederate grey,“ One of 29 shot out from under him.) Then I came home and painted on my toy soldiers.

For dinner we had a rotisserie chicken and went to bed early. It was a wonderful day. WDC is quiet now that the EWW is over. I will need to go back now and make sure the classroom is locked and all the lessons are properly stored in the file cabinet. There is still one student out, and her name is LOX. She is in Thailand or Cambodia on some kid of a medical mission. I don’t mind waiting since she has been pretty punctual up to the very end.

I should write a book about figurines, or Exploratory Writing or painting miniatures…The problem is that one can enjoy life or write about it and I prefer the enjoyment.

Do you know that painting a casting, either plastic or pot metal is easier than painting on a canvas. This is because you start with a base color and it flows into the casting crevices. The follow on colors are mixed thicker and stick to the highlights. How cool is that? Bet you never tried painting a one inch casting…. Where have you been all your life anyway? I should start taking pictures of all this stuff I get involved in. For someone who is not hugely talented I get by in a broad range of activities. There isn’t much that people talk about that I am totally clueless about…. Then again I can not really call myself the “Master” of anything, except my dogs and cats... when they choose to humor me.

There is a lot of saber rattling going on over Iran… Everyone seems to be in favor of a preemptive strike. I find it hard to believe that leaders can be so shortsighted and stupid. Now the Israelis want us to drop the bombs because they don’t have an airplane big enough.

The answer to all this is simple enough… Pass a resolution in the United Nations that if anyone uses such a weapon there will be a ten-fold retaliation by an appointed consortium of the nations who have them. Then let these rogue states bluster all they want. We lived with deterrence for almost fifty years… It is a system that works… much better than starting a war.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748999-The-Ten-Times-Rule