*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749118-Mums-the-Word
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#749118 added March 19, 2012 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Mum's the Word
Another week gone by in the blink of an eye.

My sis came over for a three day visit during which time we emptied many bottles and cans, put the world to rights through much nattering and shared some laughter as well as tears over the last few tumultuous years. We have a thing about feathers and have been collecting them over the last year or so for some reason. We decided we'd take them to Newstead Abbey this visit and scatter them where our Mum's ashes are, but on arrival realised we'd left them in the car. What a pair of plonkers.

Today is Mother's Day in England, but it's just been another Sunday with the addition of cards and a CD as far as I'm concerned. Hubby did cook the dinner to be fair, but entertaining the grand monsters hardly meant I could put my feet up. Both have snivelling colds so I'm just praying I don't catch more bugs. Paul and Mey Ling were in good sniping mode and would you believe she's decided she wants another baby? *Shock*.

My cynical head suspects she thinks this an easier option than getting herself moving to train for some work once the kids are in full time school come September. Paul is adamant there should be no more and much as they are beautiful children I agree with him. If they are to stand a chance of survival the last thing they need is another baby. He's even threatening to go for the snip. Happy families indeed.

In the meantime hubby continues his nightly crunching sessions, but does keep me guessing as to what time they will start. Sometimes it's almost straight after dinner, then another night it's closer to midnight. Oh the mystery of it all.

I've treated myself to a lovely new oak desk and and an iMac computer with an air printer. (still in their boxes) All I need now is a bar and a lock on the door of the spare room and I could happily spend the rest of my days in the ether. No more family disputes, crisp crunching, sport on television, childminding or housework...bliss.


© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749118-Mums-the-Word