*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749589-Same-Old
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#749589 added March 26, 2012 at 5:55am
Restrictions: None
Same Old
I'm slowly and nervously getting to know my new Mac. I don't think I'll live long enough to ever fully understand it. I conclude it must be male.

The weather has been phenomenally warm for this time of year and we even had our first barbecue today. Unheard of in March. However, it's also been extremely dry so there's already a hosepipe ban and I suspect a drought will be declared before too long.

Since my last entry I've only visited the supermarket, the dentist, the library, the park and the hole in the wall too often. I did spend another great day in my favourite town of Newark last Friday with good friends and plenty of sunshine and vino. My cue brandishing buddy Joy was unable to join us as she has yet another cold which badly affects her asthma. I'm a bit worried about her to be honest. *Cry*

Son and wife seem a little more settled and there was no more mention of further offspring today thank goodness. The grand monsters are thriving well and enjoyed playing in the sandpit and chasing the ice cream van with Nanna. Children have knack for recognising the softy in the family.

Hubby is in panic mode. There's another rat in the garden and this one doesn't like the Jaffa cakes he puts in the friendly trap. He'll be paranoid until it's been caught, but heaven help him if he puts anything black and sticky on my new bird table. He has been warned.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749589-Same-Old