*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749576-Spring-break--sleep
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#749576 added March 25, 2012 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
Spring break = sleep?
Spring break please! Not because I will have time alone. That will never happen. I just chased my husband out of our room so I could do some writing. The guilt trip that came from him on the way out is starting to settle in. Really settle in. I don't think it is selfish to take a little time out for myself to get a paragraph or two in. But I am feeling bad about it now. My daughter is my biggest supporter. She loves to read while I write, and sometimes I have to shoo her away due to the content. She understands that I write about adult things sometimes. I notice her writing has gotten better and her teacher is writing good things on her paper. Yay! She's a smart girl so I don't worry about her anyway. My son on the other hand, is going to be the dare devil, skating off a rooftop, jumping out of a plane type of guy. He can't sit still for a second at home, if there is a high place, he is jumping from it. It doesn't even phase me anymore. I taught him how to land properly so he doesn't break anything and he is only allowed to land on the couch cushions. I am happy to have invested in a trampoline a couple of years ago. It serves as a way to expel his energy and the safety net around it leaves me stress free. This year I am setting the pool far away from the trampoline. Last year the neighbors got an earful of me yelling at my son to stop bouncing off the tramp into the pool. He saw me do it once. I thought he was asleep. Lol.

© Copyright 2012 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749576-Spring-break--sleep