*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749595
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1857272
The adventures of a mature woman and the dreams of her life.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#749595 added March 25, 2012 at 9:13pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter One
    " Thank goodness Lord, this is the last load. How did I ever get so much stuff?

    The sun was filtering through the trees making the drive hard to see. There it is. my drive, my path to paradise. The closest thing to being a pioneer woman I'd ever be. My childhood dreams of being out in an open valley with the mountains all around. Horse and buggy days are gone. No cowboy or Indians. Just my life.

    Driving up the dirt road with trees lining both sides, I can see the sun sparking on the green grass. It may not be a true valley but it was almost two acres of grass land with the view of my own mountains. Well, they may not be mine but the National Forest boundry lies just beyond my stand of pines.


    I am Jean Walker, recently widowed. I now find my self alone and ready to start my new adventure. The kids thought I was crazy for buying ten acres. "What if something happens" cried Joy. "What happens when the snows are so deep you can't get to town? The children will never get to see thier grandmother!"

    "Joy, I live 5 miles from the highway and the snow plow clears the road to within a half mile from my drive. It's not like I'm in the wilds of Alaska. My clostest neighbor is less than a mile away. Don't be so dramatic. Honey it's what I always wanted to do. Let me. I'm healthy and my cell phone has perfect reception from the cabin." It was then that I left Joy standing with coffee cup in hand. Turning, I assurd her I'd be fine and I'd call her tonight.


    So here I am driving down my own drive and entering the "meadow". I just had to stop. Getting out of the van, I just needed a moment to savor the view. Deer were grasing at the south end of the meadow. "Thank you Lord for this day, for this opportunity. I feel like I've turely come home.
© Copyright 2012 Bitterroot Rose (UN: brrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bitterroot Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749595