*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749701
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1836486
This is dedicated to JJ, who is like a sister to me ♥
#749701 added March 27, 2012 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
Michael
The True Philosopher's Stone

Alchemists looked for the Philosopher’s Stone with great diligence because of its supposed ability to change lead into gold. Sir Isaac Newton, before the apple, was an alchemist, and went temporarily insane, probably due to mercury poisoning which was prominent in an alchemist’s tool chest.

In the end, we were left with a lot of lead and not much gold. Times weren’t great in the late 1600’s during Newton’s forays into the laws of the universe. Come to think of it, perhaps now is not a great time either, but today mercury has been taken out of the thermometers.

Still there is gold available to everyone, maybe not the type you can spend at a store. It is called relational capital. You get out of a relationship what you put into it. This type of capital is kind of like a philosopher’s stone; it turns this dark drab dreary world into something bright, beautiful and full of wonder. It is not toxic like some of Sir Isaac’s concoctions—in fact, it will most likely extend your life.

Don’t look for the secret of all the ages in a method or success in business. Those will nearly always fail you. It seems like what I am telling you is nonsense, but anyone who has lived on the planet for more than fifteen minutes knows two things:
one, it is hard work and two, it works.

We live in a society that looks to magical thinking to solve problems, and consult our horoscopes to see who we are compatible with. Let's face it. Over half the people on this planet are very different then you and you better get used to it. Is it worth it to spend attention on those on this lifeboat earth, or do we jump out of the boat and make a go of it on our own? Jesus never said, “Blessed are the folks who kick everyone off the life boat.” He never needed alchemy. His gold was in his reactions to people, just as ours should be.




This was written by Michaelfrommountains. *Smile* Thank you so much Michael for this wonderful contribution!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2012 The Lone One (UN: hluti.elska at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Lone One has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749701