*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749888-Getting-Ready-to-Vote
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#749888 added March 31, 2012 at 9:01am
Restrictions: None
Getting Ready to Vote
Getting Ready to Vote

For most people voting is simply going to the precinct and casting a ballot. For the Workers, however, it is more complicated.

We have three elections coming up in Wisconsin. There is the Republican Primary, the Democratic Primary and the Special Recall election for Governor Walker. Today we are having a meeting to learn the latest on the requirement for a photo ID. Then we will set up the voting machine and that is always worthwhile because while it is not a complex undertaking it is done with a sporadic infrequency that most human minds have difficulty remembering. Mine included.

Last night I was down in the basement getting the modem and router to reboot. We had a thunderstorm and the WIFI quite working. We have to unplug everything, wait and then it starts working again. Why that has to be a manual process boggles my mind. Can’t a TV or Computer throw its own switch when an operating parameter causes a shutdown? How hard is that? What are they teaching in engineering schools these days?

There was a report several years ago that the automotive giant Ford couldn’t figure out how to get windshield wipers to work and had a contest to see who could come up with the best design. Some Tech school instructor showed them how the circuit would best work and the company tried to screw him out of the design.

There was a big lawsuit and Ford ended up paying a big settlement. Creative energy is not as common as most think and most engineers are “Monkey See Monkey do.” I know I’ll hurt somebodies feelings by saying this but it’s what my experience has shown me. It goes back to Hesiod’s comment on the quality of minds…. Paraphrased it goes... “The greatest excellence is to figure out the truth with your own lamp…. But those too are excellent who know the best when they see it. (This gives hope to the rest of us) Everyone else is a fool.” This is one of the most profound statements I have ever read…. It was written by a contemporary of Homer, 500 BC.

So far the Fatsoes Don't get Laid (FDGL) diet is working, in the sense that the weight number is coming down. The other part of the equation has yet to be demonstrated. It could be I’m talking apples and oranges. It’s said that Menopause in a woman carries with it a certain depression. Well there is a corollary time in a man’s life, (ahem, ahem,) that can have the same side effect. So it could be that weight and virility are different things altogether, however, my minions don’t know that and I don’t intend to tell them. I have no intention of posting any such finding on the bulletin board of my soul. Let them think the two are related and keep the weight coming off

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749888-Getting-Ready-to-Vote