*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750184-Art-in-a-Pile-of-Wood
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#750184 added April 4, 2012 at 9:00am
Restrictions: None
Art in a Pile of Wood
Art in a Pile of Wood

Well the National Primaries are over in Wisconsin. That went pretty smooth. Next will be the Recall Election. The first phase is a primary for the Democrats who want the job in the event Scott Walker loses. Then will be another vote to run the current Governor against the Democrat who wins. There is a great deal of emotion surrounding this upcoming election.

I got home in time to see “Justified.” That series is worth watching because as a writer you get to see some really evil antagonists. I need to work on my antagonist writing.

I don’t feel the “rush” of conversion still taking place and hope I haven’t slipped out of the fat burning mode. This morning my weight was unchanged. Then there were snacks some of workers and staff brought to the polling place yesterday.

Outside the weather is sunny and spring is definitely in the air. There were news reports that down in Texas there were tornadoes and heavy rains. I hope Karen is OK. The snow is gone and I suspect the farmers will be putting in the potatoes soon.

Went by TNT Auto and they have the floor in on my 1940 Ford Sedan. It won’t be long before it should be functioning. There will remain a lot of work but the end is in sight. I am toying with an idea of using it in the next EWW class as my shadow writing project. The story is that a Grandfather bought it in the 40s and gave it to his son who raced it. When grandson came back from Vietnam he made it into a street rod and parked it in a shed. There it sat for forty years until great grandson, returning from Iraq, inquired about it. Anyway the car will be the thread that ties the family’s story together from generation to generation. This car will not be a figment but actually exist. How cool is that?

My tractor is leaking hydraulic oil and I need to get underneath and find out where the leak is. Yesterday morning I used it to pick up the wood I was blocking and move it to the splitter. Then Linda and I can split and stack a little each day. It is a project we do together and she is learning “Stacking Technique.” I am not a good wood stacker and if you ever see a split wood pile stacked by a purist you would understand what I mean. Mine look pretty shoddy compared with the way my neighbor’s piles look. They are works of art. It amazes me to see art expressed in the most unexpected of ways out here in the “Sticks.”

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750184-Art-in-a-Pile-of-Wood