*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750105-Birds-and-Bad-Weather
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#750105 added April 3, 2012 at 8:12am
Restrictions: None
Birds and Bad Weather
Birds and Bad Weather

Did you ever wonder what it was like to soar like a bird and see the world around you from an overhead Point of View (POV?) I remember flying in an airplane for the first time and the wonder of seeing the panorama sweeping below and feeling awed. However, I'm not particularly fond of heights and have no desire to be physically up there… Only see the view, like going to visit the Grand Canyon or the Badlands. Yesterday I saw the hawks circling and riding the wind currents and I had a definite urge to see the world from their POV.

I would like to be able to fly quietly around and see the bluffs around my farm and the deer grazing in the evening. It is possible to do that with the Radio Controlled Technology that has been developed. I will be getting a model glider with a camera in the nose and get to do that soon. For now, I watch the Front Person View (FPV) videos on U-Tube and it is entertaining. Search rc plane fpv and you can see what I’m talking about.

For today,, I have to get myself psyched up to do the voting thing. I’ll be on duty from noon until closing, which will be eight O’clock. Then another hour to tabulate the results and get the paperwork completed to submit the Township results to the County.

I have an intermediately sized farm tractor with a large bucket on the front. Yesterday I started cutting up a big Oak that had fallen on my neighbors land and blocked his trail. He asked me to clear it and gave me the wood. Anyway, I was cutting it up yesterday and rolling the chunks into the bucket and transporting them to my fandango splitter. Then I split them and last night after a light snack (A hotdog) Linda and I went out and stacked the results.

This morning my diet showed the loss of another pound. This one meal a day diet is working for me. It isn’t really one meal but means a light breakfast, main meal at about 3 O’clock and a snack in the evening. It is a low carb diet but I still eat bread and other starches in moderation. I have cut back to one Pepsi a day. Also I take a round pink wafer called Prebiotic Fiber, carried under the name Fiber Choice and for the first time in years that function has become regular and consistent. (This might sound like a bunch of “Crap” but poop is more important that most people realize. *Bigsmile* )

I was awakened this morning by lightning and thunder. Our Lab really gets tense and was pacing around the bedroom and we put her “Flak Jacket” on. Linda saw it advertised on TV and ordered one. It seems to help with Chloe’s anxiety and she retreated behind the bathtub and went into hiding.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750105-Birds-and-Bad-Weather