*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750453-Another-year-
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#750453 added April 9, 2012 at 6:59am
Restrictions: None
Another year ...

Another birthday, another year, another milestone.

Took a bit of time to think back on one of the worst years of my life.

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

The good: Everyday was a good day, except the very wet days when the baby chicks didn't not make it, that was not such a hot day. Or the day when the dogs killed the meerkat - that was not a very good day.

Oh, I got a new lesson in life; as I have the radio on most of the time (one forgets what value a radio has) - no - I have clothes on, and the radio is also on!

Some one was talking about how we should view the incidents of our lives, (using all the words which Kipling taught me - the why ; the what; the where; the when; the who; the how; (and my own addition) how much), after much reflection we should approach all incidents in such a way.

Control.
Sway.
Acceptance.

Which gives C.S.A.

Control:
Can one, should one, is one, in control of a situation, or incident, even a person ?

Sway.
Can one sway, influence, affect, whatever is happening in a positive way ? (There are negative aims in life; let us pass these for now.)

Acceptance:
Then accept the end result. Resign to the fact of the situation. Do what is required to get peace. It may be moving on, grieving, starting over or start again. Maybe simply; get stuck in and do it!

Easy peasy - as they say.


Rule number one: Is it your problem ?


The bad ....

The darkness called a few times.

Lost a few 'Near and Dear'. It is the way, it is the road, it is life - still - we ask; "Why?"

There were other losses in stock and pets.


The ugly !

For the love of money is the root of all evil. 1Timothy 6:10

Maybe it is debatable, yet, there is much truth here.

There are many other ugliness out there.


On the 6th and 7th, the baby tortoise came into this world. 25 of them at this stage.

It is autumn, this is very late in this unusual year.

Found another nest, it was empty, the other nest still had eggs in it.

Time will tell if more will be found.


One can have a bale of turtles, a dule of turtles, even a turn of turtles, no one seems to know the collective of tortoises


I'll settle for a basin of tortoises - see my face of book or is it book of face ? - funny !*Cool*



© Copyright 2012 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750453-Another-year-